• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Dark

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2017
    Just some name that fell into my mind :P haven't thought much of a name yet... Mainly I just intend to change the look of the maps, names, text, what pokemons you meat, what pokemons trainers/gym leaders have and maybe starter...

But can anyone tell me how to replace old graphics in a rom with my own ones? :\ If I could do that I would replace about 50-60 existing Pokemons with some I've made myself...

Thx in advance (I hope :P), EspenN :)

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
    Years
  • To replace Pokemon Sprites, I think you can use Unlz gba or PokePic.

There are some tutorials in the documents and tutorials forum.

Hope I helped.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2017
    Yeah you helped :) thank you ^^

Okey, it turns out I have more questions... how to change the name, stats and attack for a spesific pokemon in sapphire? :/

I managed the Pokepic good enough :D I already have 55 finished new Pokemons ready, so there will not be TOO much work getting them into the game and fix them I hope =)

Last edited:

Juansito

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2008
    You should post these questions in the Simple Questions thread, instead of making a new thread asking questions.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2017
    Yeah yeah, sorry... would you be more pleased if I had added all new graphics, screenshots, etc... to make it look more 'professional'? :P

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • Yeah yeah, sorry... would you be more pleased if I had added all new graphics, screenshots, etc... to make it look more 'professional'? :P

Not sure I understood that question, but I'm gonna reply anyways.
    Nowadays, you're expected to change palettes, tiles, sprites, etc..
    Not to mention you have to learn how to script (the hardest part).
    Check out the tutorials on that, if you find it too complicated, I don't recommend continuing your work because although graphics are important, gameplay is also as important.

If you're just gonna change the graphics and keep the storyline and scripts the same, no one is gonna play your hack.

Hope this was usefull..mm

Back