• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Snap Discussion!

On a scale of 1 to 5, how much did you enjoy Pokemon Snap?

• 5 - Praise Helix.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 4 - It was pretty okay. I'd definitely play it for fun some time.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 3 - It was fine, I guess.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • 2 - It kinda sucked, you know. Like, a lot kinda.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - It sucked, used a bad engine, and was glitchy.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hikarin

SOS Chain Overflow
Years
  • Oi! I can't be the only one who likes this game {XD}
    Please discuss anything and everything about Pokemon Snap, until there is nothing more to talk about! If you have a Capture Card or similar, favorite photos are welcome, too! I may even have to pull my own out of a box to get some captures!

So yeah. Anything Pokemon Snap related at all. Discuss!

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
  • I really enjoyed this game and have very fond memories of it. I spent so much time trying to get the perfect photos of every Pokémon (especially Mew!). I wish the game would have had more than just 68 Pokémon in it though. Even for only being Gen I at the time, that's not very much.

I always thought it would be cool to bring back the concept of Pokémon Snap with all the updated graphics and new Pokémon that would put the Wii U controller to good use.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I voted option 3 but I think I would go 3.5 if I could. I liked the game but for all the hype I remember Toys R Us giving it before it was available to purchase, it was a little disappointing because of the low amount of Pokemon and there were some glitches as the poll says. It was fun to set up the different poses for Pokemon and getting them to dance with the Poke-flute though and I remember going to Blockbuster to get photos printed. And I did the same thing with the apples colours haha.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I loved Pokémon Snap <3 Heaps of fun playing that. I too didn't print out the photos (not sure if that was a thing in Australia tbh...). I liked how different Pokémon made use of their environments in different ways - for me I've always been more interested in Pokémon living in their environments and how they behave outside of battles, so Pokémon Snap was always super interesting and fun. I also thought it was cool how they interacted or reacted to your items in different ways as well.

Recently I've tried to play it again for old time's sake but my N64 is struggling to turn on which breaks my heart :,( Hoping for a super cool reboot of Pokémon Snap one day <3

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm a big fan of Snap, though as others have said, I would prefer a sequel at this point rather than a remake. I enjoy playing the original game, and I have it on the Wii eShop as well as on my N64, but it's too brief, and doesn't include enough Pokemon. It's a shame it didn't become a core spinoff series. I would really have liked to see more entries, and I think it could have lent itself really well to the Wii U and the gamepad this generation, but it seems to have been abandoned (like a lot of the console Pokemon spinoffs).

Hikarin

SOS Chain Overflow
    Years
  • It would've worked great on the Wii U, with the Gamepad and all. If a sequel were made, it'd be cool to see legendaries outside of Kanto's 5 (though I think only 4 were in Snap). At this point, though, we're more likely to see it on the NX if it ever happens at all, and who knows what hardware gimmicks the NX will have.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • It would've worked great on the Wii U, with the Gamepad and all. If a sequel were made, it'd be cool to see legendaries outside of Kanto's 5 (though I think only 4 were in Snap). At this point, though, we're more likely to see it on the NX if it ever happens at all, and who knows what hardware gimmicks the NX will have.

+1 on the comments about a Snap sequel being great on the Wii U, and also on seeing Legendaries in the game. I really liked that about the original Snap, that the Legendaries were just... chilling there in their massive eggs, waiting to be interacted with. Makes their ties to non-legendary Pokémon seem a lot stronger when you think of things like Jynx dancing around the Articuno egg and stuff. Would be cool to see other Legendaries depicted in such a way.

Back