• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm confused about legendarys in GO

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2018
    I've heard you have to catch them in raid battles, but only for a limited time. Is this true? I've seen regular raid battles, and before it starts the pokemon is in the egg. Does the egg have to be a certain color?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Right now you can get Articuno and Mew in research tasks and Ho-oh out of legendary eggs. You can also catch Mewtwo if you have an Ex-raid pass.

No other legendaries can be found.

Legendaries hatch out of silver eggs, the egg spawns and countdowns for 45 minutes then hatches. Once it hatches you have 45 minutes to start battling it. You need multiple people to faint it. Like over 8. Then you get 9-14 or so Premier balls to catch it if you win, if you use all of them then it flees and you can't catch it. If its shiny then it has a 100% catch rate as long as it goes in the ball.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Thank you for this because honestly I was confused too.

I play super casually because of where I live.. not much happens. lol

I probably will never gather enough friends to pull off an egg raid. Haven't managed to yet. Booo..

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
    Years
  • I just did my first raid today.
    I opened Go at my work desk and saw one was starting down the road and it was Kyogre, I was happily suprised to see 8 other players already there taking their lunch break once I got there.

We beat it but sadly I didnt get the catch :-(

However on my way there I did get a 1500+ CP Feraligatr

Back