• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Spirit Chronicles

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Can't wait for some screenshots. This post was mainly just a bump, can't stand to see this post go on to the 2nd page ;)

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Oh, wow 0.0 I must say, this is possibly the most interesting approach to a Pokemon game ever. I love the whole idea of the game, and if I may, I'd like to express an idea. Perhaps, as well as infusing the captured souls of Pokemon to make weapons and armour, how about also making it possible to infuse them itno summoning stones (ala Magicites from the FF series) so the game keeps a portion of the basic Capture-Train system from the series. These stones, unlike those of the FF series, would be reusable and could be upgraded to summon stronger Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2009
    I'm not sure how I can respond to that without spoilers; but I can tell you that the process of Soul Extraction destroys the corporeal form of the target. You can convert a Pokémon into a Soul, but you can't turn a Soul back into a Pokémon. Feel free to implant the soul into whatever weapon/jewel/artifact/corpse you can get your hands on, though.

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
  • wow really cool id like to help come up with weps for you this is gonna be cool ill think of some now :)

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • This makes me think of Soul Gems from the Elder Scrolls series. I.E. The soul you get from a Pokemon can be placed in a gem, and then can be enchanted into a weapon or a piece of armor. Maybe that would make programming it easier, while still getting the same effect.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • I'm not sure how I can respond to that without spoilers; but I can tell you that the process of Soul Extraction destroys the corporeal form of the target. You can convert a Pokémon into a Soul, but you can't turn a Soul back into a Pokémon. Feel free to implant the soul into whatever weapon/jewel/artifact/corpse you can get your hands on, though.

Corpses 0.o? Hmmm...Implanting a Tyranitar Soul into a Cherimm corpse...Interesting...

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2013
    The story is really interesting (the fan art is wonderful and truly inspiring, i can understand why you decided to make something like it). Good Luck!

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2014
    An update for everyone, with quite a few things.

Some new Pokequipment:

Erika, the Lady of Celadon City:

And an example of how the in-game sprites may look:

As far as the sprite goes, it's still a work in progress, so it may not be exactly like that in the actual game, but it'll probably be similar to this.

We hope you like what we've shown thus far, and that you'll keep an eye out for us in the future.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    I love it.
    They all look very good.

I don't know if this has been asked or answered but, what kind of overworld graphics will there be.
    (Isometric, 3d, grid based, side scrolling, combination of multiple of these)

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2014
    I love it.
    They all look very good.

I don't know if this has been asked or answered but, what kind of overworld graphics will there be.
    (Isometric, 3d, grid based, side scrolling, combination of multiple of these)

At the moment, the plan is to have prerendered backgrounds with invisible walls, similar to the way games like FFIX had it.

In battle, we're aiming for something like Nishihara Isao's original art had it, as seen in the first post. It probably won't be identical, but we'll do our best to make it look as good as we can.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2014
    A long-overdue update with plenty of new stuff!

All this and more for viewing on our dA group page.

Victory Road

Also, another sample on the music side of things.

Lavender Town

Lastly, we're down to one programmer now, and he's decided to switch from Game Maker to C++, so if you'd like to throw in your application and join our team, we'll gladly accept.

If you're not a programmer but you still want to join, go right ahead. More help is always welcome in all departments.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
    Years
  • Day-um. This is frickin awesome!!! I love the weaponry. This is probably my favorite fan-game I've seen. Better than the canon. Well done!

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2014
    If nintendo were to allow this game, you could sel it and be a millionaire! This game is amazing...

Haha... Actually, if that actually happened, we'd be ecstatic, but we're not holding our breath.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2014
    Still here, still going, and some new stuff for all you patient types.
    And you impatient types as well.

Blue looking devious.

Electrode equipment bringing the pain.

Golduck equipment blowing people out of the water.

Viridian Forest, for some music to pump you all up.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • Why isn't this getting more attention? This is easily 50x better than any project on this site. I really hope this gets finished. This is one of those games that really deserve to see the light, unlike all that shovelware Nintendo is allowing on there systems.

Pokeman298

Life knows not right nor wrong
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2011
    good lord... DONT GIVE THIS PROJECT UP WHEN IT SEEMS TOUGH OR BORING!!!! good luck.

Back