• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let It Pour - Ubers RMT

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
Years
  • This is my first ever Ubers team. I decided to try it out, even though I have no experience in the tier at all.

Seeing as I can't use this team on Wi-Fi Random Battle, I have no way to testing it myself... :/

I just want to be sure that I've covered all my bases. :)

Ferrothorn @Leftovers
    Sassy, 252 HP/ 4 Atk / 252 Sp.D
    Steel Thorns
    ~Power Whip
    ~Stealth Rock
    ~Thunder Wave
    ~Leech Seed

Sets up Stealth Rock whenever I can set up, mostly against of Special Attackers. Thunder Wave to slow down switched-in Pokemon and allowing Zekrom and Kyogre to attack with impunity. Leech Seed to recover health, or share it with other team mates. Power Whip for STAB against other Kyogres and Groudon.

Kyogre @ Leftovers
    Modest, 110 HP / 252 Sp.A / 140 Spd
    Drizzle
    ~Surf
    ~Sleep Talk
    ~Thunder
    ~Ice Beam

Kyogre is here initiate rain, allowing Palkia and Qwilfish to begin decimating the opponent, as well as deal damage itself. Surf for STAB. Thunder for opposing Waters and to take advantage of damage and occasional paralysis.
    Ice Beam for the likes of Dragons, namely Rayquaza. Sleep Talk allows for me to turn the tables on Darkrai's Dark Void/Hypnosis.

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
    Timid, 4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd
    Pressure
    ~Spacial Rend
    ~Surf
    ~Thunder
    ~Fire Blast

My second sweeper/revenge killer. Spacial Rend is for other Dragons that switch in on Palkia or vice-versa, as well as the high-critical chance. Again, Surf for damaging STAB. Thunder against those who resist Surf, along with other Flying and Waters. Fire Blast is to take care of other Ferrothorns, Scizors and Forretress' that try to set up on Palkia, despite the rain.

Chansey @ Evolution Stone
    Bold, 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Sp.D
    Natural Cure
    ~Wish
    ~Seismic Toss
    ~Softboilded
    ~Toxic

Chansey with the Evolution stone acts as my primary defensive wall. Seismic Toss to do steady damage on anything non-Ghost. Toxic to slowly eat away at health while I use Softboiled to recover. Wish is to pass some health to team-mates who need it or for immediate switches.

Zekrom @ Life Orb
    Naughty, 104 HP / 148 Atk / 252 Sp.A /4 Spd
    Teravoltage
    ~Lightning Strike
    ~Draco Meteor
    ~Outrage
    ~Focus Blast

Zekrom is on of the recent Pokemon I've been wanting to use. Its on the team to help out Kyogre in-case Groudon shows up to mess with my rain(if Ferrothorn is out of the picture). Lighting Strike for physical STAB, mainly other Kyogre and other Waters. Draco Meteor also deals STAB damage and is useful on other Dragons. Outrage as back-up, just in case Draco Meteor's special damage doesn't cut it, as well STAB damage. Focus Blast for Steels that may resist Zekrom's attacks.

Qwilfish @ Splash Plate
    Adamant, 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Swift Swim
    ~Waterfall
    ~Toxic Spikes/Spikes
    ~Taunt
    ~Destiny Bond

Qwilfish it here to abuse Swift Swim and generally mess with other walls or stat-boosters. Waterfall for STAB. Toxic Spikes or Spikes to Poison the foe or deal damage, which ever is chosen. Taunt to stop Dragon Dance/Calm Mind set-up and Destiny Bond just in case they stay in to attack, bring down one of their Pokemon on the spot.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    You're probably not going to get a lot of replies here because most people here don't play Ubers. :(

However, what I was going to say was that you can test your team on Pokemon Online, a battling simulator for your computer. You can find all of the links and stuff you need in the announcement that is posted at the top of the Strategies & Movesets' forum's first page.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I haven't played too much gen 5 ubers, but what I can tell you is this:

-Palkia serves a lot better as a lead with choice scarf than does Ferrothorn. I would recommend swapping the two.
    -Darkrai can Dark Void any of your Pokemon and set up an easy sweep. I seriously recommend making Kyogre RestTalk with Calm Mind, because it actually works very well as a counter to Darkrai iirc. Bad Dreams will be a problem, but otherwise Kyogre can get the job done.
    -Reshiram looks threatening to me, especially if Sun is up, but I'm not sure how well Palkia can beat it with Choice Scarf. Just be careful of it, because if Palkia is gone you will most likely fall to it.
    -Qwilfish is terrible in Ubers, even if it has Swift Swim to help its cause. If you want Spikes or Toxic Spikes, place it over SR on Nattorei and give Chansey SR > Toxic (with the steels and Resttalkers that run about Toxic isn't as great as it used to be in Ubers). This gives you room to fill up holes in your team, such as with the Reshiram issue or a Ground resist (helps a lot with Zekrom). A possibility could be physically defensive Lugia, who can balance out the physical and special walling on your team.

I'm only recommending these changes, you don't have to use them. Let me know what you think!

Back