• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A possible color hack for the Spaceworld pokémon demos

mmoye9

Totally Not Drunk
Years
  • (if this is in the wrong section please move it)
    Since drenn (the person behind the red and blue color hacks) showed no interest in doing so after I messaged him, I was wondering if anybody else would be interested in giving it a try, as there are emulators that lack support for SGB and 3ds inject also lacks SGB support

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • what are you even asking lol

The spaceworld demo for Pokemon Gold and Silver recently leaked online. It's imcomplete and only offered about 10 minutes of gameplay, though through datamining it offered a look into cut pokemon and evolutions, a different region design for Johto and Kanto, and a different story.

I believe they are asking to make a hack of the demo to offer it in color at the very least.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    The spaceworld demo for Pokemon Gold and Silver recently leaked online. It's imcomplete and only offered about 10 minutes of gameplay, though through datamining it offered a look into cut pokemon and evolutions, a different region design for Johto and Kanto, and a different story.

I believe they are asking to make a hack of the demo to offer it in color at the very least.

I don't even know what "spaceworld" is and have been actively ignoring the leaked demo. I knew about it but the question above was worded extremely poorly

mmoye9

Totally Not Drunk
    Years
  • clearly this was the wrong place to ask despite being told by drenn to do so, I might as well move on to just having an emulator made instead tossing around the clearly useless idea of a patch nobody has interest in doing

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I don't even know what "spaceworld" is and have been actively ignoring the leaked demo. I knew about it but the question above was worded extremely poorly
    Spaceworld was sort of like E3 except hosted by Nintendo for primarly just Nintendo. The last one was like 2001 when Nintendo moved to conferences such as E3. It wasn't worded the best, I agree.

clearly this was the wrong place to ask despite being told by drenn to do so, I might as well move on to just having an emulator made instead tossing around the clearly useless idea of a patch nobody has interest in doing

This was the right place as far as I'm aware. It sounds like an interesting idea, I haven't heard of their work in the past, maybe one day I'll check the projects out.

I sadly have no knowledge of colorization, much less any GB/C rom hacking experience. Wish I could help further. So you have knowledge of making an emulator, or another request for others? I see a few emulators that support SGBC, at-least with tinkering.

A lot of hackers already have projects that they are busy with. This thread is only 3 days old and I'm not suprised there hasn't been an offer yet. The thread is still pretty new and I'm not sure PC is the Rom Hacking giant it once was. I hope you the best in whatever you do. Have you tried looking up the process to colorize? Could be a way to get started hacking yourself. Hopefully it can be a passion project one day for you or others. I'm interested in seeing ideas from the demo and a full hack of it myself. Might go foward with that.

mmoye9

Totally Not Drunk
    Years
  • drenn has already contacted my friend with details as to how he made the colorization patches for red and blue, it's just a matter of whether or not my friend lacking any knowledge on actual hacking like myself (but being much better in other areas which may lead to him actually pulling this off), as for what I've done, I've contacted bubble2k16 (who has made other great emulator ports of his own that have far exceeded earlier emulators from the likes of retroarch and other 3ds hackers often in a much quicker time period), an emulator that once made could be added to NSUI to inject the demos for the 3ds and not have them be monochrome only

Sotireon

Strong pokemon. Weak Pokemon.
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    (if this is in the wrong section please move it)
    Since drenn (the person behind the red and blue color hacks) showed no interest in doing so after I messaged him, I was wondering if anybody else would be interested in giving it a try, as there are emulators that lack support for SGB and 3ds inject also lacks SGB support

Hey mmoy9!
    I was wondering if you are interested in a more colorized hack of Gold/Silver/Crystal ????
    What I'm getting at is since they are a few hacks that use colorized effects in GBC roms, we could simply import the beta pokemon sprites and stuff, make a few new maps for the beta towns, and Voila, we practically have the whole spaceworld demo, and its in English!! (since the translation patch is not yet available as far as I know)
    --there are lot of additional pokes in the demo so to fit them all, we might have to try expanding the pokedex to fit all these betamons.

I hope you think its a cool idea 😊😊

Back