• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] How to make the game display the Rival's name correctly in a battle?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    My rival's name comes up as TERRY but I want it to be the name the player gave him, does anyone have any idea of how to do this?

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Just use [rival] in your script where you needs the rival's name. Same goes for the name the player choose, it's just [player]. So, for example:

[player]: "Hey, [rival]! Stop that right now!

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    Well I need the in-battle name to be [rival] as well, I have studied the in-game scripts but can't make sense of it really.

Last edited:

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Well I need the in-battle name to be [rival] as well, I have studied the in-game scripts but can't make sense of it really.
    It's tied to the rival trainer class. As long as the trainer class is correct, "TERRY" will be replaced with the rival's name.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    It's tied to the rival trainer class. As long as the trainer class is correct, "TERRY" will be replaced with the rival's name.

Ok, that makes sense.

I gave him a different trainer class for this script. So that explains why it doesn't work. Thank you.

Back