• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modded Skyrim Thread

Starpire

King of Crystal Styx
Years
  • I'm presently looking for mods to add to my Skyrim experience. Any recommendations?
    I personally recommend Inigo, 10/10 best follower mod. Would vote for President 2020.
    e680a466558af9198a1e7f481ca0a72d0af13d74_hq.jpg

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Frostfall is essential. If you're not cold you're not rimming the sky, that's just how it is. Frostfall just makes a lot of sense to have in Skyrim and really feels like it's missing once you go back to vanilla, largely because the region fits in so well with the concept that you'd think it was a planned feature that was cut rather than an immersive mod.

Real Needs and Diseases is good if you really want an immersive experience. Personally, it and Frostfall together make the world feel functional for me. They make it seem like an actual Roleplaying experience since you're given reason to actually live. In this game where there's, y'know, food, shelter, so on and so forth. They make you think a bit more about what you have, where you're going, and give an actual function to camps, houses, and food. If you want immersion, these two are definitely the way to go.

Also, Amazing Follower Tweaks. Thank me later.

Other than that...are you playing Special Edition or the original?

TheCobaltComet

Investigator
    Years
  • The Khajiit Speak mod would work very well with Inigo, or in any Khajiit playthrough. It makes your character speak like other khajiit do, in the third person and such. It's compatible with a lot of mods, including the Unofficial Patches and Paarthurnax Dillemma (I recommend this too, if you don't like killing him). It really helps immersion.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • If you want to play as a Necromancer, definitely get the Undeath mod, as well as the two Undeath Immersive Lichdom mods. One is a perktree patch (if you have perma or ordinator), and the other is an overall "upgrade" for the original.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I don't know if these fit your current playstyle since they're more specific to certain types of characters, but these were some of my favorites that I can remember at the moment:

I always made separate characters for each playstyle/faction I wanted to join, so when I made my archer, the Hunting in Skyrim mod really helped make it more fun and immersive, since the vanilla game has no specific faction for this kind of character. Basically this adds new quests, animals, craftables, NPCS, locations, skill trees, etc. to make being a hunter/ranger an actual viable build in the game.

And because I loved the Dark Brotherhood, I was really sad when the main quest ended and the final repeating quest was so lackluster, so I got The Dark Brotherhood Resurrection and the Dawnstar Sanctuary jumped to life, with new NPCs (DB initiates that actually have personalities!) and questlines. It's a shame otherwise, that you have this cool new sanctuary and you can't really do much with it.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I find mods that add houses with ridiculous storage space are good, but hey, not everyone is a hoarder :p
    Sarcastic loading screens is a really funny mod, but only if your computer is actually slow enough for you to read them :p
    Finally, Ordinator Perks of skyrim, (theres a few other mods that add perks to the game too) has some overpowered stuff, but you have to work really hard for them.

Back