• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Changing the palette of a map like Pokémon Yellow?

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2021
    I'm making a Gen 1 style game, so I need the maps to each have their own palette and automatically change that palette when entering a new area. How would I replicate that in Pokémon Essentials?

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    Your best bet would be to find some reference scripts that change tilesets, such as Seasons scripts, or Comboy's GS Essentials kit that swaps tilesets based on day and night.

Once you understand how they did it for that, it's simply a matter of adding a row of events at the edge of each map connection, that do a script call changing the tileset to whatever color you're going for.

Ego13

hollow_ego
    Years
  • Not sure atm if it is possible but why not use black/white tilesets and change screen color tone via event

Back