• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Any way to get 4th Star / Gold Trainer Card ?

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Hi all,

Quick question about FireRed. I am trying to 100% the game, but I've hit my first wall.

In order to have the best Trainer Card (4 Stars / Gold), one must :
    Get a record in the Hall of Fame
    Complete the Kanto Pokédex, excluding Mew
    Complete the National Pokédex, excluding Mew, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Celebi, Jirachi, and Deoxys
    Jump 200 times in Pokémon Jump and get 200 Berries in Dodrio Berry Picking
    My issue is with the last line's second half. I'm playing with VBALink, and I somehow managed to complete the first half : Jump 200 times. VBALink (1.8) worked perfectly with 2 Players (Single Computer).

Now, I don't know how to complete Dodrio Berry Picking! I can connect 3 Players (Single Computer) through the emulator, and it all works well until the very moment where the third must join :
    1st Player is leader => so far, so good
    2nd Player joins => still ok
    3rd Player joins => can't join, I have a message like "Trainer unavailable, blah, blah"

Does anyone have a solution ?
    - Can I play online with 2 other real players ? If so, how ?
    - Can I fix the issue and play it solo on a single computer ?
    - Can I somehow hack the 4th Star / Gold card ?

Thanks in advance to anyone reading and who can help.

Never mind, managed to hack it thanks to ArtMoney.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2016
    Hello, could you explain how you exactly hacked your save file for the 4th trainer star? I'm really interested because there doesn't seem to be any action replay or gameshark codes anywhere about the trainer card stars. Thank you very much in advance.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Thanks for your interest.

This is how I proceeded :

1. Start a game of Pokémon Jump => this is doable as it requires only 2 players.
    2. Use ArtMoney on Host's VisualBoy Advance and hack the score to a weird score : 199 for instance.
    3. Quit Pokémon Jump, and then look for said score in the game's memory using ArtMoney.

Joyful Game Corner's data are located next to each others, so using savestates you can trial/error your way through it somehow.

As I can't post links yet, I'll copy/paste the message I left on Smogon's forum :

ATTN Gen III (FRLG) Save Editor developers - Joyful Game Corner

Hi,

Backstory : on my way to 100% FireRed, I've hit a wall with Trainer Card's stars as seen here (link to a previous message on the same forum). In order to obtain the 4th Star, one must beat the Joyful Game Corner : Pokémon Jump and Dodrio Berry Picking. While the former can be done on VBA, I couldn't find a way for the latter, so I used ArtMoney in order to hack the score and it worked just fine :

Screenshot of my Trainer Card, again can't post it until I hit my 5th message.

Now : Since I have yet to see a Gen III FR/LG save editor which allows to hack the scores on these games, I'd like to help developers implementing such features. Problem is, I have no clue of what I am doing. I have some experience with PS1 save hacking, but GBA is a whole different game since it seems every time I save the game, and then open it with a Hex editor the adresses change.

Anyway, here are the first few stuff I gathered so far :

For each minigame, there are 3 information written twice in the savegame. I will post the last adresses I've found (sorry for bad translation, my game is in French) :

Pokémon Jump :
    Jumps in a row : 0000CB00 & 00019B00
    Highscore : 0000CB0C & 00019B0C
    Flawless jumps : 0000CB04 & 00019B04

Dodrio Berry Picking :
    Amount of berries caught : 0000CB14 & 00019B14
    Highscore : 0000CB10 & 00019B10
    Caught with five players : 0000CB16 & 00019B16

Only the first line (bolded) is taken into account for earning the 4th star (ie 200 Jumps/Berries are required, score and third line are irrelevant).

Last edited:

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
  • ~stuff~
    Pokémon Jump :
    Jumps in a row : 0000CB00 & 00019B00
    Highscore : 0000CB0C & 00019B0C
    Flawless jumps : 0000CB04 & 00019B04

Dodrio Berry Picking :
    Amount of berries caught : 0000CB14 & 00019B14
    Highscore : 0000CB10 & 00019B10
    Caught with five players : 0000CB16 & 00019B16

Only the first line (bolded) is taken into account for earning the 4th star (ie 200 Jumps/Berries are required, score and third line are irrelevant).

hey, so these numbers here, are they ram data or what? i'm trying to replicate it but since i can't play pokemon jump (cuz communication errors) i can't do it the same way you did

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2016
    First of all: thank you very much Aladore, it worked like a charm! By the way in your smogon post I've noticed you also have all the three gray stickers. If you hacked them how did you manage it? I played the game long ago and I have no idea how many times I beaten the league or how many egg I hatched, plus I'm sure the values are too low for a search, they would return thousands of positives. Thank you again, it's kind of difficult to find someone interested in this little thing for help.
    To PurpleOrange: those values are kind of meaningless for anyone exept Aladore since the address on the save file change everytime the game saves. You really need to play pokemon jump at least once to know what your score and number of jumps in a row are and search them as an integer in the file with any hex editor. You can download Aladore save file from the smogon thread and search for them in there to get a feeling of how everything works. At those address you'll find the "C8" hex values that convert in "200" integer values.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    First of all: thank you very much Aladore, it worked like a charm!

o/

By the way in your smogon post I've noticed you also have all the three gray stickers. If you hacked them how did you manage it?

Haven't hacked them directly, used GameShark codes and save editors (A-Save to be specific) to make it kinda fast.

1. Hall of Fame : use the Instant Battle Win GameShark code :

"Instant Win in All Battles
    ACF3DC86 82C30163
    12623ACF 94389EB3
    56DB5761 3E8702AD
    277C1C53 BC72C772
    355D9B25 854A65E4
    9A1A5588 8A1A72E7

and if your emulator allows it, use rapid fire A (Alt+1 on VBA) and the Turbo function (the one where you press a button and emulator is speed up, on my computer it could go all the way up to 1000%!).

/!\ Make sure to beat your 200th Elite 4 the legit way, so that the "Previously on FireRed..." stuff is legit (you know, the things they say when you load your save).

I played the game long ago and I have no idea how many times I beaten the league

If you have beaten the league, you can check how many times you entered the Hall of Fame on any computer (4th line, just under Oak's computer). It will tell you "Hall of Fame n°XXX".

2. Eggs hatching

I used A-Save to make eggs from scratch. Try to make it as legit as possible. In A-Save, I've set "Steps" to 0 to minimize the amount of steps needed before hatching.

You make one egg, then you export it and re-import it on a free slot to have a second egg. Do this as many times as needed to fill an entire box in the storage. Once a box is filled, you can export the whole box and re-import it into an empty box.

I wish I could post links, so I would have send you an egg or storage box example.

I have no idea [...] how many egg I hatched

That's a bummer, and there is no way to tell precisely. Check your Egg Sticker's color :
    Red : between 1 and 99 Eggs
    Blue : between 100 and 199 Eggs
    Gold : between 199 and 299 Eggs
    Silver : 300+ Eggs

Make sure to visit Braggart on a regular schedule, cause the Sticker won't update automatically. You have to brag again once you hit an amount of eggs cap. His dialogue changes for every sticker colors, until Silver where he'll tell something like "I have no stickers that could be worthy of your legend".

3. Link Battles

Use VBA Link, make a backup of your save and set a SOLO Battle between 2 players. Before setting the battle, I hacked my 2nd player with A-Save and reduced his team to a single Lv5 Magikarp with Splash just to make things faster (you only need to kill that one Pokémon instead of battling your own 6 Pokémons).

hey, so these numbers here, are they ram data or what?

guiltaur gave the right anwser.

To PurpleOrange: those values are kind of meaningless for anyone exept Aladore since the address on the save file change everytime the game saves. You really need to play pokemon jump at least once to know what your score and number of jumps in a row are and search them as an integer in the file with any hex editor. You can download Aladore save file from the smogon thread and search for them in there to get a feeling of how everything works. At those address you'll find the "C8" hex values that convert in "200" integer values.

Good news is, I've posted the exact same stuff on ProjectPokemon and Metropolis (author of PKX Delta) showed interest into featuring the Joyful Game Corner in his save editor.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2016
    Thanks for your advice, I've already started to farm the league with the instant win cheat, but boy it's a dull work. Maybe now that I know where to look for the number of time I beat it I'll try to edit the value...
    Thank you again!

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2019
    1. Start a game of Pokémon Jump => this is doable as it requires only 2 players.
    2. Use ArtMoney on Host's VisualBoy Advance and hack the score to a weird score : 199 for instance.
    3. Quit Pokémon Jump, and then look for said score in the game's memory using ArtMoney.

Hey,

Could you please explain how to do the second step? I don't really get how I should do that. You should know the location to edit the score (step 3) right?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2018
    Sorry to post on an old thread, but for anyone interested in this I just posted a youtube video explaining how I was able to successfully get 200 in these games and the 4th trainer card star:
    https://www youtube com/watch?v=Gcya8YcdsTM

I can't post the link here but just add the dots. Enjoy

Back