• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] UI coordinates not changing for some values (v18.1)

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2023
    Not much to it: I've been creating custom UI for my game, it's my first time doing UI editing, and a couple elements refuse to change their coordinates, even though i've trial-and-error'ed every possible numerical variable in the function that draws them. They don't change places, whether it's 2 or 200.

The unchanging elements are the pokemon name, the level, the gender symbol, and the status marker. Other elements change just fine and I've got the HP bar, Exp bar, and HP numbers working perfectly. What's the reason for this?

If it helps at all, here is a complete dump of my PokeBattle_SceneElements script.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Not much to it: I've been creating custom UI for my game, it's my first time doing UI editing, and a couple elements refuse to change their coordinates, even though i've trial-and-error'ed every possible numerical variable in the function that draws them. They don't change places, whether it's 2 or 200.

The unchanging elements are the pokemon name, the level, the gender symbol, and the status marker. Other elements change just fine and I've got the HP bar, Exp bar, and HP numbers working perfectly. What's the reason for this?

If it helps at all, here is a complete dump of my PokeBattle_SceneElements script.

Did you install ZUD or maybe another script that alters the UI?
    Sounds to me that you're editing the wrong "instance" or PokemonDataBox (what you are editing is being rewritten by anther script).
    Search in your code (use CTRL+SHIFT+F) if there are other definitions of "class PokemonDataBox", and of the function "def refresh".

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2023
    aha, you got it! i didn't think ZUD would change those parts of the ui like that, lol. thank you very much!

Back