• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Pokemon that has the same type two times?

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2020
    Is it possible to create a pokemon which has the same type, but two times? For example a Diglet which is ground-ground.

Ego13

hollow_ego
    Years
  • Technically every Pokemon that only appears as one type got the same type twice.

Like a Banette always has the types type1=Ghost, type2=Ghost
    But it gets treated as mono type, as they are the same.

What is your intention?

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2020
    Technically every Pokemon that only appears as one type got the same type twice.

Like a Banette always has the types type1=Ghost, type2=Ghost
    But it gets treated as mono type, as they are the same.

What is your intention?

I wanted to create a new pokemon (For example a Diglet which is ground-ground) that was four times weak against water type and two times stronger at using STAB moves.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I think that you'll be best off treating your Pokémon as if it had an ability that doubled type-effectiveness (e.g. look at how Solid Rock etc work) and gives it more powerful STAB (look at Adaptability). You don't actually have to create an ability for this—just check for the species in the places where you'd normally check for an ability.

Also, I don't think it's super relevant but if you actually managed to give it two types that worked in the obvious way (i.e. all computations involving type run twice), double-STAB would be 2.25× because it's 1.5× applied twice.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2020
    I think that you'll be best off treating your Pokémon as if it had an ability that doubled type-effectiveness (e.g. look at how Solid Rock etc work) and gives it more powerful STAB (look at Adaptability). You don't actually have to create an ability for this—just check for the species in the places where you'd normally check for an ability.

Also, I don't think it's super relevant but if you actually managed to give it two types that worked in the obvious way (i.e. all computations involving type run twice), double-STAB would be 2.25× because it's 1.5× applied twice.

Thanks.

Back