• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle] Is there any possible way on editing certain aspects of in battle weather?

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2020
    (Fire Red) So I have been wanting to edit all forms of weather to be more like Pokemon Reborn's field effect system (what I really want is adding extra types of moves that get weaker or stronger in different weathers. Example: Ice type being weaker when sunny day is used while still having the original types altered when in the sun). Also will something like this work for weathers that don't increase any types like sandstorm or hail?

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    If you're using the pokefirered decomp it looks like pokemon.c is the right place to add other weather-type modifiers.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2020
    So I just finished editing quite a lot and when I went to compile it I got greeted with this error message (I can't post images yet as I have not made five posts.
    "Too less parameters on line 1. The correct number is 2." In case you need to know what Line 1 is, I had no idea if I was suppose to copy the entire thing I got sent so I did it anyway and just changed the weather. The line is "#define IS_POKEMON_C"
    (I'm editing with XSE so idk if the program i'm using is the issue. Not really used to making ROM hacks with actual script rather than a UI tool. I did get around on understanding what I needed to edit/add in order to change how weather works but everything else is too difficult for me to understand)

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Hmm, it sounds like you're not using a decomp (XSE is a binary hacking tool), so my link isn't helpful for you right now.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2020
    Alright. Thank you so much once again. You've been of a lot of help. I'll use a decomp.

Back