• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Audio] Help finding music track in hex editor - Crystal

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2019
    I'm still very new to ROM hacking and have been making some small alterations to Pokemon crystal with a hex editor but have found little to no documentation on the format of the music tracks.
    In particular, I was hoping to set up a .tbl file that would allow me to determine which bytes correlate to which notes or settings but have had problems determining if I'm even looking at the right song.

I have seen Melash's tutorial regarding songs in pokemon GSC and It contains a potential translation for the music format but I have been unable to use it successfully to find sections of a track. According to several other forums I checked, the song headers should start at xE906E and the song number of Rival Battle should be 1F in Pokemon Crystal (not sure how to verify this). Following the header took me to xF4F79. At this point, I have no idea if the notes I can see have been translated correctly from my interpretation of Melash's post or if I'm looking at the wrong song entirely.

Back