• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex✓] [SOLVED] Follow me help

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2022
    Hello, recently I found a working Follow me patch, compiled by longlostsoldier.

I was able to implement it and made one of the NPC's move with the main character.

Problem is, the offsets occupied in my current hack is already used so the follow me patch overwrited my used offsets(causing bugs and graphic glitches)

So, anyone would be kind enough to guide me on how to implement this manually, please do tell(I know how to implement ASM routines using THUMB compiler atleast) or atleast edit the offsets occupied by the patch provided(let's say 0xA20000?

Also, I tried to implement Touched's Follow me, sadly...python make and devkitarmdoesn't work on my win7 32 bit compiter

Game base: BPRE Fire red

Attachments

• followme(1).ips
      848 bytes · Views: 46
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2022
    nevermind, figured it out myself through battling bytes and analyzing the binary data of the patch...now the offsets for the follow me is now at 0xA10000 and 0xB00000.

Thus, the hack's graphics, scripts and events and important data are safe from corruption and here's the test result w/o causing any bugs, also added custom script functions to the follower that'll function nicely in a useful minigame.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2024
    ah hey this patch would be for the pokemon of your first party slot to follow you?
    I've been looking for something similar for a long time...
    after I saw pokemon radical red with pokemon following the player I went back to trying to find something related

if you can help me i would be very grateful :)

I'm using fire red with dpe and cfru if it helps

Back