• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Bloody Red

So how was it?

• Not EZPZ

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Difficulty Fun

• Unfair

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Annoyingly hard

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Insanely hard

• WHAT THDASADFNS WAY TOO HARD

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2022
    What's the most insanely difficult rom hack ever that will explode your brains out?(kinda) Well, I have created one.
    I present you:

Pokemon: Bloody Red

Pokemon Bloody Red is just some generic difficulty hack of Fire Red but a ridiculously high one. Inspired by kaizo games by SHF, Bloody Platinum by Buffy and Touhoumon Insane by Drakuaza

=====[Story]=====

The mysterious and terrifying alien life forms have invaded region. Mimicking all of the legendary pokemon as their refered weaponry and creating them into a horrific evil clones known as the "Bloody Legendaries". They have fully controlled the elite four and to hunt down to those who roam in the wild alone. All of the pokemon including the legendaries will join forces from the hero to battle agaisnt the otherworldly evil and retreive kanto region back to it's own.

=====[Starters]=====
    Mew
    Celebi
    Jirachi

=====[Rival Starter]=====
    Kecleon => Rayquaza => Bloody Rayquaza

=====[Gym level curves]=====
    Brock = 18-20
    Misty = 38-40
    Lt. Surge = 58-60
    Erika = 78-80
    Koga = 98-100
    Sabrina = 98-100
    Koichi = 98-100
    Blaine = 100
    Giovanni = 100

=====[Rival level curves]=====
    Route 22 = 20-24
    Cerulean City = 40-42
    SS Anne = 58-60
    Pokemon Tower = 78-80
    Silph Co. = 98-100
    Route 22 part 2 = 100
    Final Battle = 100

=====[Bloody Legendaries]=====
    The main antagonists of this hack.
    Features:
    - Costumized stats, moves, types and abilities
    - Max EVs
    - All legendaries except the starters
    - cannot be caught

=====[Difficulties]=====
    - completely gen 3 experience
    - cannot get out of gyms until you defeat the boss
    - trainer battles with ubers
    - trainers with max IVs
    - boss battles with 6 team and full restores
    - revives aren't allowed
    - lvl 100 elite four
    - flash mazes
    - unchanged movepools except for the starters
    - pokeballs and safariballs only
    - run away ability is replaced with illuminate
    - no crying allowed

=====[Changed Evolutions]=====
    feebas ====> 40 milotic
    kadabra ====> 33 alakazam
    machoke ====> 42 machamp
    graveler ====> 45 golem
    seadra ====> 51 kingdra
    haunter ====> 45 gengar
    onix ====> 34 steelix
    scyther ====> 36 scizor
    porygon ====> 40 porygon2
    poliwhirl ====> 52 poliwrath
    golbat ====> 40 crobat
    slowpoke ====> slowking w/ sun stone
    poliwhirl ====> politoed w/ water stone
    clamperl ====> huntail w/ moon stone
    clamperl ====> gorebyss w/ sun stone
    eevee ====> umbreon w/ moon stone
    eevee ====> espeon w/ sun stone

=====[New 2nd Abilities]=====
    Venusaur = chlorophyll
    Blastoise = rain dish
    Raichu = lightning rod
    Ninetales = drought
    Vileplume = effect spore
    Parasect = damp
    Rapidash line = flame body
    Tyrouge = vital spirit
    Kingdra = damp
    Electabuzz = vital spirit
    Magmar = vital spirit
    Flareon = guts
    Umbreon = inner focus
    Zapdos = static
    Moltres = flame body
    Dragonite line = marvel scale
    Typhlosion line = flash fire
    Ampharos line = plus
    Beast Trio = inner focus
    Blaziken line = speed boost
    Swampert line = damp
    Dustox = compound eyes
    Masquerain = rain dish
    Plusle = lightning rod
    Minun = volt absorb
    Sharpedo line = speed boost
    Cacturne line = water absorb
    Altaria line = cloud nine
    Armaldo line = swift swim
    Huntail = water veil
    Regirock = sturdy
    Tyranitar = intimidate

=====[Changed Legendary Abilities]=====

Articuno = compound eyes
    Mewtwo / Deoxys = synchronize
    Lugia = intimidate
    Ho-oh = drought

=====[Gift Pokemon]=====
    Hitmonlee = Tyrogue
    Hitmonchan = Hitmontop
    Lapras = Beldum

=====[Move Changes]=====
    Leaf Blade: power 70 to 90
    Mud shot: power 55 to 60
    Steel Wing: accuracy 90 to 95
    Air Cutter: power 55 to 60
    Aeroblast: accuracy 95 to 100, PP 5 to 10
    Rock Slide: power 75 to 80, accuracy 90 to 100
    Knock Off: power 20 to 65
    Cross Chop: accuracy 80 to 95, PP 5 to 10
    Razor Leaf: power 55 to 60, accuracy 95 to 100

=====[Screenshots]=====

=====[Extras]=====
    Changed player sprites

=====[Credits]=====
    Me = all
    Pokecommunity = help
    SHF, Buffy, Drakuaza = Inspirations

=====[Base Rom]=====
    Pokemon Fire Red v.1.0

=====[Download Link]=====

=====[Bloody Legendary Sprite Gallery]=====
    (for those who care also HUGE SPOILERS)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2022
    Okay, I've played this a bit, though I stopped playing it (for now) before I could get through Viridian Forest. I found this hack to have a pretty interesting concept, especially with the starter choices and the premise. I also like how you gave each trainer a team that has unique moves that I wasn't expecting and were a little bit of a challenge. It's kind of a shame none of the dialogue was changed in the game to portray the story you're explaining here better. I felt that the wide range of Pokemon you can catch was pretty interesting as well. Being able to catch a lot of Pokemon pretty early in the game made for unique teams, and after finding an EXP Share pretty early in Viridian City, training them was pretty easy.

I do feel that there are several things that come off as more annoying than challenging, first off, the bloody legendaries. I've only encountered one so far, the Bloody Articuno. I was in Route 1 heading to Viridian City and came across it. It was level 100. Are you kidding me? It does appear that they're super rare, because I only ran into it twice out of the many encounters I had, but still, if you're not prepared for it, they can ruin your day. Once you get to Viridian City though, they no longer become such a threat, because of the mart that sells Rare Candies for 100 Poke Dollars. Since I started off with quite a bit of money, and made a decent chunk of change off the rival battles, I managed to get my starter to Level 76 before even getting through Viridian Forest. I managed to defeat a Bloody Articuno with my starter (though I had to use save states), just to see what would happen, but all I got was like 15 experience points. Kind of a shame there's no proper reward for beating one, and you can't even catch them. It's just better to run away from them.

Anyway, going back to the Bloody Articuno, the sprite work for it was better than I was expecting. I like the nice shade of red it had and the eyes did look somewhat soulless. The red pixels everywhere kind of ruined the look a bit though. I can understand they're probably meant to look like blood droplets, but it looked more like red pixels were just dabbed all over the place. I found it having Unown's cry to be strange, but I guess you were going for one that sounded more "alien", so I can understand why you went for that.

The flash mazes were also pretty annoying. There are so many dead ends and ledges, and you can barely see where you are going. I'm sure they wouldn't be as annoying once you have access to flash, but I don't know when that is, or if I somehow missed it.

Speaking of ledges, the most annoying thing about this hack is the traps. Ironically, that's the main reason I found this hack to be difficult. There were two types I came across. The first one is that dang house in Viridian Forest. I felt like I made a good amount of progress, and I come across a house in Viridian Forest. Curiously, I step inside it, and where does it take me? Right outside Viridian Forest onto Route 2. I was a bit annoyed at that, but at least I was able to step back inside and give it another try. However, with the second type of trap, I couldn't do that. What I'm talking about are the ledges that drop you into an area with no escape whatsoever, forcing you to reset your game. I found two of them, the first one in Route 22, where the area is blocked by the cliff that's normally forces you on the path to the first rival fight rematch. The second one was in Viridian Forest, where I saw a brief glimpse of what looked like the exit. I jump down a ledge, and next thing I know, I'm trapped. After I fell for that, I understood what you meant by "no crying," since I hadn't saved my game in quite a while.

In conclusion, this hack feels more trollish than challenging. I don't really know if that's what a "kaizo" game is like or not, but I'm not sure, since I haven't played the games you're comparing this to. It's kind of a shame, because I was starting to get into it, but after losing a lot of progress due to jumping down a ledge into an inescapable area, I felt it wasn't worth it to continue. Maybe I'll try again sometime in the future to show this game who's boss, but for now, I'll rate this game an "unfair" out of 10.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2022
    I don't really know if that's what a "kaizo" game is like or not, but I'm not sure, since I haven't played the games you're comparing this to.

Kaizo games are well-known to be the hardest pokemon rom hacks ever made (blue kaizo is my personal fav just shut up if you prefer emerald kaizo). Pokemon Bloody Platinum is an obscure difficulty hack of Platinum that I personally enjoyed. And Finally Touhoumon Insane is an obscure cross over hack of Touhou Project and Pokemon and is one of the dickiest rom hack I've ever played with insanely overpowered mons having 1200 BST, I also enjoyed the hack tho.

Back