• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kind of nature is best for a dratini?

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2008
    I'm going to buy a Dratini from the game corner. I saved just before hand, so I can get the best nature. But I don't know anything about Dratini, just that I want a pokemon that can learn ice moves.

Can I get a crash course on Dratini?

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Well a Dragonite can be used for Special or Physical attacks which first must be decided.
    If you opt for Physical, go Jolly or Adamant nature while Special you should try for Modest or Timid.
    Of course this is in-game I presume so natures don't really matter unless you want them for WiFi battling which then you would want to breed for decent IV's..

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    No, adamant for DD and outrage or Timid for Draco meteor

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    It depends on which offensive stat, attacks will you put on Dragonite-either Adamant for attack, Modest for Sp. Attack,You decide.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • DD = Dragon Dance / Raises ATK and SPD by 1.
    Draco Meteor = 140 PW / Strong Special move that lowers S.ATK stat by 2.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Dragonite NEEDS Jolly for a Dragon Dancer. It's slow as hell compared to it's cousins Mence and Chomp, thus needs all the speed it can get.

Dragonite @ Life Orb/Yache Berry/Leftovers
    Jolly
    252 Att/252 Spe/6 HP
    Dragon Dance
    Fire Punch/Substitute
    Outrage
    Earthquake/Substitute

SubOutrage is nasty.

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
  • Basically it depends on what what sort of attacks you want you future Dragonite to use.

If you plan to use only Physical damage moves, you'll want a nature that'll boost your Attack stat, but not weaken your Speed Stat, preferability a nature that weakens your Special Attack stat, which you wouldn't be using anyway. So your best choice if this is the way you plan to go as Adamant (boost to Attack, weakens Special attack).

On the other hand, you choose to use only Special damage moves, you'll want a nature that'll boost your Special Attack stat, but not weaken your Speed stat preferability a nature that weakens your Attack stat. (Modest, boost to special attack, weakens attack)

Or if you want your Dragonite to be faster than the average Dragonite, your can choose a nature that'll boost your speed. Again depending on what moves you'll be planning to use choose the nature that'll weaken the stat you'll use/need least. (Either Timid which boosts Speed but weakens Attack, or Jolly which boosts Speed but weakens Special Attack)

Thats pretty basic stuff. I'm sure that at least one battler will disagree with something above, but if you know little you have two choices, use your head or use the ideas/standard builds people who know about it use.

If its for an ingame team (not going to battle other people) however you need not bother too much about nature.

Hope it helps, bear in mind I know little compared to the vast majority of those out there.

Edit: Btw, i'm pretty sure this would be better in the Pokémon Strategies & Movesets section.

Back