• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Rated M] Let's Play Pokemon Snakewood! [COMPLETED]

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years
01b0560da0634e85bc164f7445dbe7a9_r.png

Oh goodness, what do we have here?

Pokemon Snakewood is a Ruby rom hack released in 2010 or so by a man called Cutlerine. It's a hack where Hoenn is overrun with zombies and the entire region is falling apart. When I first saw this, I thought it was going to be rad because the concept was promising. However, from either trying too much or trying too hard, Cutlerine's hack manages to get really... weird. I mean it's all over the place.

Ever since then, I've been enchanted by Snakewood's strangeness but I've never quite tried it myself. By the way, this is the first screenshot let's play I've ever done and it was inspired by the likes over at the LP Archive.

So buckle your safety belts, fellow PC members, because this is going to be a rollercoaster of crazy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 1 - Intro
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years
This episode turned out to be more of a whopper than I expected, but it's still pretty eventful. Let's do this.

Chapter 2 - We're Going Places

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years
I wonder if this LP could be put up on the LP archive. I'd be down for that.

Chapter 3 - An Ace Takes Flight

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years
Today's chapter title is more than just a reference.

Chapter 4 - Pride and Pestilence

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
Looking great so far! I haven't read many screenshot LPs since I was raised on YouTube but this is definitely a really well-made LP.

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years
Looking great so far! I haven't read many screenshot LPs since I was raised on YouTube but this is definitely a really well-made LP.

Awww, thanks Laguna! That means a lot. ♥

I took a lot of cues from the guys over at the LP Archive. They make some really good screenshot LPs over there, and Snakewood is a game that I was adamant on doing.

I've seen a lot of let's plays of Snakewood (both video and screenshot) but rarely any of them complete the entire game. I plan on doing the entire thing from start to finish, even including the postgame.

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years
Oh snap, we got a double update. One of these being one I forgot to put up and the other is actual advancement.

Chapter 3.5 - We're not exactly welcome here. (Gameshark Fun)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler:

Chapter 5 - The Dragon King
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years
A fair amount of the new updates from now on will be bulk uploads. Spoiler tags are incredibly useful for this.

Chapter 6 - Seaside Trouble
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler:

Chapter 7 - Nobody Expects the Hoenn Inquisition
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years
Murder mystery time!

Chapter 8 - A Traitor Among Our Ranks
Spoiler:

Chapter 9 - Tomorrow is Mine
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years
Oh boy. Are you ready to get crazy, cause I sure am! (not)

Chapter 10 - The Art of Lunacy

Spoiler:

Chapter 11 - Into the Rabbit Hole

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years
We've got a three parter on our hands! Consider this the climax of the first part of the game.

Chapter 12 - Famine's Desert

Spoiler:

Chapter 13 - His Worthiness

Spoiler:

Chapter 14 - The Horseman of War

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years
The episodes for today are strange. One is an actual continuation of the story and the other is a non-canon episode that I originally made as a Halloween special back where this let's play was originally put up. I guess the next time Halloween rolls around it'll be relevant again, but whatever.

Chapter ?? - Season of the Jack
Spoiler:

Chapter 15 - Psychic Dragon Egg?

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2016
Man this is the first time I have seen a Let's Play done this way! This is really well put together and the hack you are playing is just... AMAZING! Some of those edits are just jaw dropping! Keep up the good work! I'm really enjoying this!

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years
Man this is the first time I have seen a Let's Play done this way! This is really well put together and the hack you are playing is just... AMAZING! Some of those edits are just jaw dropping! Keep up the good work! I'm really enjoying this!

Eyyyy, thanks for enjoying the series. Means a lot! :3c

I have a love it or hate it relationship with Snakewood, to be honest. Sometimes I really like the edits and the humor that Cutlerine puts in, but other times it's a pain in my ass. It strikes a very strange balance between good and annoying that I can't really pin down.

With that said though, let me put up some more updates!

Chapter 16 - Nonstop Battle Drama
Spoiler:

Chapter 17 - Rage Awakened

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years
Wow, um. This is where the game starts getting serious. I'm warning you now.

Chapter 18 - Witch Hunt

Spoiler:

Chapter 19 - Like a Roaring Flame

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years
We're nearing the end of the Snakewood. I can feel it. I might be able to get to the postgame before the year ends.

Chapter 20 - Madness Unleashed
Spoiler:

Chapter 21 - Dragon King's Blessing

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years
Alright, guys. PC has officially caught up with the updates - every chapter from now on will be current events as I've yet to put up Chapter 23 on the other forum where Snakewood is put up. (At the time of writing, of course.)

We're getting into the endgame, so get pumped.

Chapter 22 - The Dark One

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years
This is it! The final chapter of the normal game!

Chapter 23 - On Top Of The World

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years
Here's my Christmas present to everybody.

Chapter 24 - Sewer of my Dreams

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years
The final update of 2015!

Chapter 25 - Jack and the Mirror of Fate

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back