• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New pokemon game idea: Pokemon Looker

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2023
    I have thought about making a rom hack for a long time, but this is the best idea that i came up with, basically the story is about an 18 years old man named "what ever you want", he lives in Kanto ( the character is based upon "Looker"), he can finally get a pokemon and start his training as an officer of the international police, and to do that he needs to beat all the Gym Leaders and head to the indigo plateau to beat the elite four, when You beat the elite four You become an official member of the international police and You go to other regions to catch some evil guys, i'm thinking about (Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, and Alola, basically Every region that is in the pokemon games). P.S: your first mission will be to catch Giovanni, if You want to help making the game reply to this thread, i need help in adding sprites from platinum, adding pokemon from all gens and scripting so i'll need to learn all of that, also the game will be a rom hack of pokemon Fire red.
    UPDATE: I've already started the game, I've added new sprites for trees and bushes (those round green things that appear in some maps), I've also changed some text but I still have a really long way to go, so to speed things up reply to this post and volunteer on helping me finish the game.
    UPDATE: I stopped making the game, because i'm not sure if this should be a rom hack or a Fan game, also i have a question: can You load a rom hack on pokemon essentials??? If Yes i might continue the game in pokemon essentials.
    UPDATE: I'm using Essentials.
    BETA 2.5 is playable:
    https://reliccastle.com/threads/1132/

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    No, Pok?mon Essentials is for game making with RPG Maker. That?s not ROM hacking.

As some feedback to your story:

Playing as ?Looker? is interesting and a good idea. What?s not a good idea is making the character do all the usual gym/league stuff to actually get to the crime fighting. Try and mix up the usual formula rather than tag your idea on the end of what seems like a normal RBY experience.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2023
    No, Pokémon Essentials is for game making with RPG Maker. That's not ROM hacking.

As some feedback to your story:

Playing as "Looker" is interesting and a good idea. What's not a good idea is making the character do all the usual gym/league stuff to actually get to the crime fighting. Try and mix up the usual formula rather than tag your idea on the end of what seems like a normal RBY experience.

I started the game, the first region is with gym battling but in the rest of the game you won't have to battle the gyms. I'll put that if you want you can battle the gyms but you don't need to.
    You can already play BETA 1.

PS: I'm using Essentials.

Last edited:
    Back