• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] My concepts for Pokemon games

Years
So, I struggle a lot with motivation. It's very difficult for me to get things done especially with my mental health state, no matter how passionate I am about the project. I've also never been able to assemble a team, which is a huge issue since I'm not good at coding or various other aspects of RPG Maker XP, or any other game engine. I can only do so much on my own, and that is the ultimate problem for me. I've always wanted to make my own Pokemon games amongst other things, but I've never really been able to do it for the aforementioned reasons amongst other reasons. In a sense, all of my past concepts have been postponed and treated as scrap ideas for the perfect game. I am going to list off all of the concepts I have used so far in as much detail as possible, and I would really appreciate some opinions. These are the games I have devised across the short time in-which I have been capable of making fan-games:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokemon Metal - The original concept, my first fan-game idea that I attempted to create. This would have been a very simple and short game taking place on that one island from the two-part episode in the Gen 4 anime where all the steel-type Pokemon are under mind-control by a strange energy frequency. This game would have explored the power of aura as well as give steel type Pokemon a chance to shine in this exciting mini plot.

Pokemon Nano - A game which takes meta to the next level. You play as a non-sentient 'player character' in a virtual world created by Professor Oak, with the intention to introduce children to the world of Pokemon and give them a chance to learn how things roughly work, minus the evil plots. The main consensus of the game is to catch as many Pokemon as possible and complete a few small challenges. However, in the central island of the region, a glitch occurs in the system through-which an unknown source hacks into the game and begins interfering with the system - it then becomes your job to get past some intense challenges which will prevent the team from tracking you down in real life and stealing all of your data. The virtual region would be known as Fiorre (little did I know there was already a spin-off region with a VERY similar name... what a coincidence). It would be quite a simplistic game, and very good for beginner players - it would also emphasise the benefits of literally catching 'em all.

Pokemon Rainbow - Giovanni of Team Rainbow Rocket has developed a device known as the 'Vortex Disrupter' which breaks down the walls of reality and drags the various alternate dimensions together, allowing the user to access any world they wish. Doing so will result in cataclysmic damage, but Giovanni is not aware of this. As a former member of Team RR, you feel partially responsible for the universe's impending doom, and embark on a race against time to put a halt to Giovanni's evil plans. This game would harness the possibility of a sense of rushed time without having a real timer, giving you multiple opportunities to freeze, slow down and reverse time being just a few of these ways to play this game against time and still feel that relaxing tone of Pokemon games. This game would present a challenge in the form of solving puzzles and mysteries, but as a game itself it would not be very difficult until the end, due to the plot's involvement in the legendary Pokemon Dialga and Palkia.

Pokemon Uncensored Edition Expansion Pack - A spin-off of one of my favourite fan-games, exploring an alternate storyline. This game would probably have no association with Pokecommunity as the original game is known for being very NSFW and inappropriate, but I am somewhat friends with the original creator and obtained permission to create this game a long time ago.

Pokemon High School - A relaxing, comedic game where you play as a normal student of a brand new Pokemon-focused high school, and journey to become the very best like no-one ever was. In this game, you would learn nearly everything you would ever need to know about Pokemon, especially battles, and will take upon realistic challenges inspired by the real typical events of high schools. For example, competitions, bullies, and a strange underlying plot which will make high school seem a little different than usual... a suspicious-looking company known as Scarlet Corp. wishes to learn more about the school - and then take it over and make it a base of operations, using the school's surprisingly advanced supplies. You are one of the only students who is aware of this plot, and so you take it upon yourself to make sure that Scarlet Corp. doesn't steal your school, no matter what.

Pokemon Renewal - A collection of alternate continuity stories as opposed to one major storyline, in a similar sense to the Pokemon Generations mini-series. You will explore a slightly alternate story set in the first six out of eight regions, with new and exciting stories. The Kanto story follows Gold's journey to follow the three legendary beasts throughout the region, as they are somewhat intrigued by an unknown source. It is later discovered that Marshadow has been influencing and luring in all of the grounded legendary Pokemon in an attempt to tear apart people and Pokemon once and for all. The Johto story explores Red's journey through Mt. Silver in great detail, and the challenges he takes on there. You can play as Brendan in Hoenn and assist your new best friend Wally in becoming a great Pokemon trainer, to defeat a new villain team known as Team Hurricane, who wish to control Rayquaza. You can go on a Sinnoh rescue mission in the Distortion World as Lucas with a Pokemon Ranger by your side, and go to Unova as Nate to explore an abandoned, ancient city which once worshipped Meloetta - due to a mysterious hum that the entire region can constantly hear. Lastly, you play in Kalos as Calem and find out why Xerneas as disappeared, and Yveltal is awakening again.

Pokemon Fantasy - You play as a male servant of a cult in a very corrupted and confusing world. Throughout the game, you gradually learn about another reality which seems to be a lot more positive and dreamy than this one, until you discover that you are in-fact existing in a dream world. You learn that in the real world, you are a hero who was captured in an attempt to stop this evil cult, but now you are in a coma and your memories are being stripped away by a Darkrai who is being used against its will. Upon this discovery, you continue your journey with the intention to find a way to get out of this coma and save the real world before it's too late. This game would explore corruption and have a lot of unrealistic vibes to it, being 95% set in a dream world. All of the Pokemon would be significantly different, and the game would pose a very dark tone. The game takes light inspiration from Pokemon Insurgence.

Pokemon Mirror - A light-hearted alternate continuity to the original Pokemon Red & Blue games, where you play as a young girl called Leaf, as she embarks on a journey to become a Pokemon Master in the Genza region - all while taking on the evil Team Asteroid. Pokemon from generations 1 through 3 appear in this game, as well as a select few Fakemon. This is probably my most simple concept of all.

Pokemon Dusk & Pokemon Dawn - Two games representing counterparts of one another just like any official core series game, adding a new instalment to the 'prequel' game formula, exploring the origin story of Giovanni. Set several years before the events of Red and Blue, you learn exactly how Team Rocket came to be, and what it was originally designed for. In Pokemon Dusk, you also experience the tale of how the legendary bird trio came to be, alongside the mystery of a very dark legendary Pokemon known as Kyrozin. In Dawn, the counterpart game, you experience the same tale but follow the mystery of a lighter Pokemon, Zelestin. Only the original 149 Pokemon appear, plus mentions of the Pokemon Mew, and the two main legendaries as listed above. The game features a new villain team known as 'The Organisation', who wish to seize control of Kryozin and Zelestin in order to control the rotation of the earth and effectively stop the day/night cycle from being cyclical and consistent. There is a recurring theme of old-fashioned lifestyle and a lack of advanced technology, as this game emphasises the real beginning of the Pokemon world as we know it today. This game, as previously stated, will reveal how Giovanni's childhood was stripped away from him as he was forced to take on The Organisation and ultimately save the world.

Pokemon Trials - Another simple game concept, in-which the story explores the origins of the Elite Four in Kanto and shows how each of them came to be. You play as Lance only a couple of years before the events of Red and Blue and learn of the exciting establishment of the original Pokemon League.

Pokemon Otherworldy - The world of Pokemon has become dark and cold, it has been this way for as long as you can remember. You play as a new recruit of Team Indifference, a pure-hearted organisation who wish to return the world back to the way it was before The Last War. You discover who originally caused the world to be this way and stand in their way as you make sure the world never suffers at their hands again.

Pokemon For Glory - A perfect world, full of peace, harmony, without hatred or discrimination, what more could you possibly want? Glory! Power! After all, you're only human. You and your Pokemon want nothing more than to be the very best, like no-one ever was - and that's exactly what you embark on a journey to achieve, to become the greatest Pokemon trainer of all time, facing new and exciting challenges in this wonderful world!

Pokemon Heroes - Set in Johto, a terrorist attack from an unknown enemy has completely destroyed the professor's lab, sending the locals into a frenzy of panic. They are all subsequently evacuated, and the area soon becomes a ghost town. You and your two friends decide to take it upon yourselves to explore the wreckage and see what you can salvage, only to realise that the Pokemon in the lab are nowhere to be found. You're all supposed to be getting your first Pokemon today, and your friends are pretty sneaky, so you decide it's about time you made use of yourselves, and find out just who caused all of this mess, and what is going on in Johto now.

Pokemon Tone & Harmony - It is said that only music can bring peace in an endless war, yet without sound we are lost. This concept is extremely underdeveloped as it was one of my 'to explore in the future' plans, however it was loosely inspired by the movie 'The Rise of Darkrai' as the final act of the game takes place in the same city as that movie's setting, and will have several homages to said movie.

Pokemon Chroma - Another very underdeveloped concept, this game would explore the significance of colour in the lives of people and Pokemon, and what would happen if that privilege was stripped away from them like it was nothing.

Pokemon Camp - A game which could essentially be summarised as a Safari Zone expansion-pack. You are stranded on quite a large island as the only human amongst hundreds of Pokemon. This game involves no training or battles, and completely eliminates the typical leveling system. This would be quite a peaceful game, where you catch Pokemon in the Safari Zone style and let them help you survive on this island until help comes to the rescue.

Pokemon Titanium - To be entirely honest, I cannot remember for the life of me what the intentions of this game were. I remember working on it and I remember that there was a plan for there to be a mysterious plot involving the gym leaders and a lake near the player's home town, but I can't remember anything more than that. This is my most recent project.

Untitled Tiktok Pokemon Game - So, a little unknown fact about me is that I am part of several TikTok communities and am a TikToker myself. I was working on a Pokemon game as a tribute to Tiktok involving all of the well-known TikTokers in the ironic community, however I can't seem to find the files for this game, and I don't know where they are, so I can't continue development of this game for now. No plot has been established, and this is the only one I feel as though I will EVER be able to finish - that being said, I would have to find the files first.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There have been other concepts but none have ever seen the light of day, and I still think of new ideas constantly even now, I just wish I was more capable of making these games with or without a team myself...

Anyway, if any of these concepts interest you guys at all feel free to let me know, I'd really like your opinions! I know some of these are extremely farfetched and silly, especially Pokemon Metal, but I've always been an advocate for exploring every nook and cranny of possible stories, and every idea I get I have the urge to explore further. Thanks for reading, have a great day.

Years
  • Seen today
I read all your ideas, but I don't have the skills to critique relatively high-level/vague story ideas (I'm much more of a mechanics person), so I can't say anything useful with respect to that…

So, I struggle a lot with motivation. It's very difficult for me to get things done especially with my mental health state, no matter how passionate I am about the project. I've also never been able to assemble a team, which is a huge issue since I'm not good at coding or various other aspects of RPG Maker XP, or any other game engine.
… but assuming you're okay with someone commenting on this section, I think your ideas don't need much in the way of coding or a team at all (except maybe a proof-reader when you're ready to apply polish). Just start writing the in-game dialogues for one of your stories and see where it leads you. People are willing to put up with a lot if you've got an engaging story, and some number of those people might even decide to help with that project once they're invested in the characters (or perhaps a future project).

Years
Yeah, I've been told that before, and I'm not going to disagree or say you're wrong or anything, but I am not very good at presenting the ideas I have. Whenever I have something in my head, I can never seem to get it out exactly as I envision it, no matter how possible or impossible it may be. Say I was part of a games company, I'd probably be more of a conceptualiser than a game developer - someone who gets the ideas and makes rough sketches of them or writes them out and then guides people to replicating them. I do have a team of people working on some non-Pokemon related projects right now, but those games have aspects I can actually involve myself in to a high-degree, and each person in the team relates to the project as it's made FOR a community we're all a part of - but when it comes to elsewhere, I don't really have anyone. I've been around for quite a while but I have not been an active member, only a couple of people even know me here, I'm not really a fully-integrated member of the community, so to present people with an idea that will get them on-board is pretty nerve-wracking to be honest. I don't have any confidence or faith in anything I do - even if I believe I can DO it, I don't believe it will be good based on my personal opinion of myself, so I've never really got around to even getting a team. I don't think I'm fit to lead any kind of project anyway, I seem to mess up everything I do. That's the longer explanation of why I've never got around to even doing that much on my own, sorry for the long read.

Years
  • Seen today
Well you're never going to achieve anything if you're determined to talk yourself out of it, that's for sure. Honestly, I'd recommend you find a therapist or counselor to help with your negative self-image.

As for being "conceptualizer", I have to imagine that's not a role that really exists unless you're the one providing the bankroll, although it sounds like you've realized that already and are just providing your ideas in the hopes that they inspire someone? I'm a big fan of throwing ideas out into the void because you never know what'll resonate with someone else :)

I'd say that PC's community is mostly people that are looking to execute their own ideas, or at least not ready to commit to someone else's project the moment they read about it, so I wouldn't worry too much about your nerves and use the task of presenting your idea to help you explore all the possibilities. Personally I'm very unlikely to sign up to a project until I've seen the creator stick with it and make progress for several months, up until then it's probably just a like and maybe a small comment in their thread; and I'm sure that others have a similar philosophy. Starting with a community is a good plan, if possible, as you've noticed.

At any rate, like everything else in life practice makes perfect, and so you're just going to have to suffer with being bad at presenting ideas until you've done it enough that you're actually pretty good at deciding which bits to include, or explain, or what-have-you.

Last edited:

Canal_do_Lontra

Oshawott uses Razor Shell
Years
Yeah, I've been told that before, and I'm not going to disagree or say you're wrong or anything, but I am not very good at presenting the ideas I have. Whenever I have something in my head, I can never seem to get it out exactly as I envision it, no matter how possible or impossible it may be. Say I was part of a games company, I'd probably be more of a conceptualiser than a game developer - someone who gets the ideas and makes rough sketches of them or writes them out and then guides people to replicating them. I do have a team of people working on some non-Pokemon related projects right now, but those games have aspects I can actually involve myself in to a high-degree, and each person in the team relates to the project as it's made FOR a community we're all a part of - but when it comes to elsewhere, I don't really have anyone. I've been around for quite a while but I have not been an active member, only a couple of people even know me here, I'm not really a fully-integrated member of the community, so to present people with an idea that will get them on-board is pretty nerve-wracking to be honest. I don't have any confidence or faith in anything I do - even if I believe I can DO it, I don't believe it will be good based on my personal opinion of myself, so I've never really got around to even getting a team. I don't think I'm fit to lead any kind of project anyway, I seem to mess up everything I do. That's the longer explanation of why I've never got around to even doing that much on my own, sorry for the long read.

Do you have more ideas of fan game titles with two versions? I am needing help to get perfect version couple, can you help me with some ideas?

Back