• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] How do I skip or accelerate the EXP Bar Filling animation?

Years
  • In my Pokemon Essentials game I've accelerated EXP gains (hooray!) and realized how slow and annoying the EXP bar filling is. (Grr!)

What code lets me speed this bar up, or skip its filling entirely?

Ideally it would be great if my Pokemon, upon defeating another mon and gaining enough EXP to go from level 5 to 12, played the EXP bar filling animation once and then skipped straight from lv5 to lv12, and the stat boosts were also reflected in the "stat gains" menu that pops up once. Instead of making the player watch the bar slowly fill over and over, with that levelup stat screen appearing after each one.

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • "def animateExp" handles the the animation itself, "def pbGainExpOne" handles the actual addition of EXP. IDK how, but altering these are the keys to making your idea a reality

Years
  • It worked.

# Time in seconds to fully fill the Exp bar (from empty).
    EXP_BAR_FILL_TIME = 0.01
    # Maximum time in seconds to make a change to the HP bar.
    HP_BAR_CHANGE_TIME = 0.06

I removed the existing "If HP is reduced a tiny amount, use this different speed" code because that code ironically meant to speed up HP loss was now slowing down small HP losses because it was using less speed than the number I wanted.
    I also removed the EXP Gain sound because it overlapped obnoxiously, and removed one of the two "You levelled up!" stat gain screens. Now you just see gains, not your new stats. You can always check the Pokemon screen for your new stats. It'd be sweet if I could display both at the same time side by side, perhaps even in the same box Fire Emblem style, but that'd take more time.
    Now battling trainers and levelling up is a lot faster.
    Though the slow text speed bugs me... I should look into speeding that up.

How do I get the battle's animations to play AS the text on the bottom describes what's going on? Pokemon typically plays an animation, pauses, then tells you what's going on with the text. Or says something with text, pauses, and then plays an animation. If both happened at once, it could massively speed up the game without changing the speed of any existing animations for moves or anything else.

Last edited:
    Back