• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rain team

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
  • Doubles. I guess this is a basic rain team that cant seem to do what Intend it to do which is power up Gastro a couple of turns while maintaining the rain advantage. Thats why I have a weather tank politoad.

Politoed (F) @ Wacan Berry
    Trait: Drizzle
    Level: 71
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 HP
    Quiet Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Encore
    - Protect

Gastrodon (M) @ Rindo Berry
    Trait: Storm Drain
    Level: 64
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Recover
    - Stockpile

Kingdra (F) @ Dragon Gem
    Trait: Swift Swim
    Level: 71
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Surf
    - Protect

Kingdra is my muscle and my clean up hitter. Its presumed that Gastro will at least have a +1 Sp. Atk. Have Kingdra boost another level or two depending on the opponent. I use dragon gem when in a bigger bind or going for the KO blow. I try not using it unless its really necessary.

Zapdos @ Yache Berry
    Trait: Pressure
    Level: 86
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Thunder
    - Heat Wave
    - Protect
    - Tailwind

Seemingly the soul propose for him is Thunder and taking out as many pokes as possible. I wind up not using tailwind even tho I had intended to use him to give boosts for non swim swift pokes, However 4 of the 6 have dreadful speed so tailwind would be pointless. Its HP is Dark so that wouldnt be happening giving it Hidden power

Toxicroak (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Dry Skin
    Level: 57
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Drain Punch
    - Sucker Punch
    - Taunt
    - Protect

Originally He was used for taking Surf attacks. It wouldnt hurt him at all and he would recover, but it is soo frail and slower then Ideal just seems to be a liability then being useful. So probably wont keep him but want to know who I can replace him with.

Metagross @ Occa Berry
    Trait: Clear Body
    Level: 55
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Bullet Punch
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Protect

This one is used for bulk but a lot of strength. Seems like this guy should be in a TR then a rain team so not sure if its useful for this team

Last edited:

srinator

i would suggest thundurus-t over zapdos since your main intention is thunder so why not a mon with much better spA and slightly higher speed

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Thunder
    - Volt Switch
    - Grass Knot
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

i dont see the point of occa berry on metagross, i would suggest

Metagross @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Meteor Mash
    - Pursuit
    - Earthquake

or if you want speed

Metagross @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - Agility
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Earthquake
    - Meteor Mash

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Adrian, seriously, say whether it's doubles or singles so people would stop giving singles reviews by accident.

If this is a Trick Room team, you need a trick room setter and you need to get rid of Tailwind. You need to get rid of speed. It can't be both because Trick Room and Tailwind are exact opposites and any speed on your Pokemon in Trick Room will screw you over.

Politoed looks alright, but he'll get walled hard with Encore there. If it doesn't work out, switch Encore with HP Grass or some other HP move you think will work best with your team.

Gastrodon: Lose Stockpile. It turns Gastrodon into a critical hit magnet and sacrificing coverage for a teeny boost in its defenses isn't worth it. Switch it with Earth Power. If you're using Trick Room, nature must be Relaxed.

Kingdra: Looks fine here unless Trick Room. If Trick Room, remove and replace.

Zapdos: Another TR vs Tailwind. If Trick Room, EVs must be 252 HP/252 SpA/4 Def or 4 SpD and nature Quiet. Also needs HP coverage move. Otherwise, EVs still should be 252 HP/252 SpA/4 Def-SpD.

Metagross: Looks fine.

What do you want to fill in Toxicroak's slot? Just asking us to "fill it in" is way too open and whatnot. Do you want support or power or mixed?

srinator

wait this is a trick room team?? :O tbh this looks nothing like a trick room team i guess in that case ignore what i said earlier. I did read you saying trick room but did not quite understand you anyway you need some pokemon to set trick room lol

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • It is a double teams. For VGC

Adrian, seriously, say whether it's doubles or singles so people would stop giving singles reviews by accident.

If this is a Trick Room team, you need a trick room setter and you need to get rid of Tailwind. You need to get rid of speed. It can't be both because Trick Room and Tailwind are exact opposites and any speed on your Pokemon in Trick Room will screw you over.

Politoed looks alright, but he'll get walled hard with Encore there. If it doesn't work out, switch Encore with HP Grass or some other HP move you think will work best with your team.

Gastrodon: Lose Stockpile. It turns Gastrodon into a critical hit magnet and sacrificing coverage for a teeny boost in its defenses isn't worth it. Switch it with Earth Power. If you're using Trick Room, nature must be Relaxed.

Kingdra: Looks fine here unless Trick Room. If Trick Room, remove and replace.

Zapdos: Another TR vs Tailwind. If Trick Room, EVs must be 252 HP/252 SpA/4 Def or 4 SpD and nature Quiet. Also needs HP coverage move. Otherwise, EVs still should be 252 HP/252 SpA/4 Def-SpD.

Metagross: Looks fine.

What do you want to fill in Toxicroak's slot? Just asking us to "fill it in" is way too open and whatnot. Do you want support or power or mixed?

I dk what to do with Toxicroak. Not sure if its useful at all. I know it doesnt fit for a TR team. At least the way it is, but not sure if I dropped everything down to 0 helps it either. So Im conflicted. It has great offense but sorely lacks defense.

With Gastro. Does it need a def boost? What about a quiet nature providing I use TR. Even with a 31 IV sp atk its total Sp atk is 131 making it dependent on Politoads or Lolicolo's surfs

Last edited:
    Back