• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Why does my custom ability change to Thick Fat

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2019
    When I was doing some scripting to make a new ability to make use of Field Effects in Pokemon Rejuvenation, I came across an issue where when I loaded up the game any Pokemon that was supposed to have a custom ability would have it replaced by Thick Fat or Early Bird.
    if isConst?(ability,PBAbilities,:DOOMDRIVE) && onactive &&
    $fefieldeffect!=35 && $fefieldeffect!=35
    $fetempfield = 35
    $fefieldeffect = $fetempfield
    @battle.pbChangeBGSprite
    @battle.field.effects[PBEffects::Terrain]=7
    @battle.field.effects[PBEffects::Terrain]=10 if isConst?(item,PBItems,:AMPLIFIELDROCK)
    @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("The beginning of a new era!"))
    end

This is the Script i'm currently having issues with and it would be a huge help if someone could figure it out. Thanks a bunch for anyone who even offer a suggestion

Poq

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2021
    So, starting with the simplest explanation just in case, have you added the ability to the appropriate PBS files (abilities and pokemon)?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2019
    So, starting with the simplest explanation just in case, have you added the ability to the appropriate PBS files (abilities and pokemon)?
    Yes, idk what the issue is but any pokemon with the ability "Doom Drive" will get either Thick Fat or Early Bird

Poq

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2021
    Are those alternate abilities for those pok?mon? Or abilities from a prior version? Or is it completely random?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2019
    Are those alternate abilities for those pok?mon? Or abilities from a prior version? Or is it completely random?

It seems completely random, the pokemon i'm attempting to put this on is a custom one that should never have had either of those abilities

Poq

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2021
    I was afraid you'd say that...
    Sorry, I'm stumped. :(

Last edited:
    Back