• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can't run Gen 3 Suite on my Mac?

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2019
    Everytime I try to open it, I get the error saying that it can't find the file called "icon.png." I've scoured countless threads looking for solutions, none work. I've copied and pasted every file I can think of in every folder, but nothing is making it open.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    I am also having this problem. Terminal shows me this when I run Gen III Suite:

Changing pub mode
    Changing pub mode
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<string>", line 4094, in <module>
    File "<string>", line 96, in __init__
    File "/Users/homedepot326/Desktop/Secret-Tool-master/build/mainMAC/out00-PYZ.pyz/wx._core", line 3646, in ConvertToBitmap
    wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "image.IsOk()" failed at /BUILD/wxPython-src-3.0.0.0/src/osx/core/bitmap.cpp(1295) in wxBitmap(): invalid image
    logout

It was suggested by vitor251093 on the download site's issue tab to do this on newer Macs:

If you open the Terminal, cd into the dist folder and then launch ./Gen_III_Suite, it opens even in macOS Mojave.
    Also, PokeRoms.ini and Resources must be moved into the dist folder before doing that.

If I'm reading that right, you command into the dist folder?
    Both the exec file and the app itself are in the Gen_III_Suite (MAC) folder. The Resources folder is in the dist folder, along with PokeRoms.

Is there anybody on here who has a solution to this or can help?

Back