• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi!

Turtwig_

Turtwig Lover, Avid Writer
Years
  • Hi everyone, I'm Turtwig! I'm a 20-year-old student studying TV, film, and Japanese at my university. One day I hope to break into the entertainment industry.

I like writing Pokemon stories and can't wait to start posting mine here for people to read!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey there Turtwig! If you're interested in writing stories I definitely recommend you check out our FF&W section! You can post your own work or read the writings of other users. :)

So, if you don't mind me asking, why Turtwig of all Pokémon?

Turtwig_

Years
  • I will definitely check out the section and post my story soon, thanks!

Even though my first generation was gen 3, the first gen where I knew what I was doing was during my journey through Sinnoh. Back when I watched the anime, I hated how Ash's Chimchar got special treatment and Dawn's PIplup was always getting screen time, but Ash's Turtwig was overshadowed and under represented. So when I chose Turtwig, evolved it into Torterra, and wrecked through everything with Earthquake and Wood Hammer, I always felt like I raised Turtwig right when I was little. Ever since, I can't help but love Turtwig since it convinced me I was great at Pokemon :D

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I will definitely check out the section and post my story soon, thanks!

Even though my first generation was gen 3, the first gen where I knew what I was doing was during my journey through Sinnoh. Back when I watched the anime, I hated how Ash's Chimchar got special treatment and Dawn's PIplup was always getting screen time, but Ash's Turtwig was overshadowed and under represented. So when I chose Turtwig, evolved it into Torterra, and wrecked through everything with Earthquake and Wood Hammer, I always felt like I raised Turtwig right when I was little. Ever since, I can't help but love Turtwig since it convinced me I was great at Pokemon :D

Hi!
    Everything you say? Even Candice? Would think a x4 weakness to Ice would give you pause(no other Gen 4 starter has a x4 vulnerability). In fact... why do Grass starters get screwed? Chesnaught(x4 weakness to Flying) is the latest. Gen 8 may yield another one. Welcome to PC by the way and do note that [user]Fairy[/user] does sometime bite(usually when you deserve it). Feel free to drop by the Discord server if you ever want to chat.

Turtwig_

Years
  • Haha alright, fair point, "everything" was a bit of an exaggeration. Though I did once over-level my Torterra and let it hold a Yache Berry from a stray Starly to plow through Candice in one of my later playthroughs of Platinum. 12-year-old me, though...yeah, I needed a Rapidash/Houndoom for that.

My favorite type is Grass so it hurts to see so many Grass-types get shafted (including the few points in BST, even though they're negligible). Poor Decidueye had the potential to be a sweeper since it was described as fast...only for fast to mean 72 speed. Underdogs are relatable, though!

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Haha alright, fair point, "everything" was a bit of an exaggeration. Though I did once over-level my Torterra and let it hold a Yache Berry from a stray Starly to plow through Candice in one of my later playthroughs of Platinum. 12-year-old me, though...yeah, I needed a Rapidash/Houndoom for that.

My favorite type is Grass so it hurts to see so many Grass-types get shafted (including the few points in BST, even though they're negligible). Poor Decidueye had the potential to be a sweeper since it was described as fast...only for fast to mean 72 speed. Underdogs are relatable, though!

At least your favorite Pokemon wasn't nerfed like mine was. Vulpix in Generation 1: 65 SpA. Generation 2 onward: 50 ugh. As for its Evolution in Ninetales: 100 SpA in Generation 1, Generation 2 onward: 81. In terms of Speed and Special in Generation 1, no Fire Type comes close. Also it was 70 Speed for Decidueye. Beats Torterra every day of the week though.

Last edited:

Turtwig_

Years
  • Oh, 72 speed was Tsareena, my bad.

That is very true, though Ninetales did get a useful hidden ability! Drought was a blessing in gen 5.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Oh, 72 speed was Tsareena, my bad.

That is very true, though Ninetales did get a useful hidden ability! Drought was a blessing in gen 5.

Heh yeah well I've never had the privilege of having to worry about or benefit from Abilities, Natures and other post- Generation 1 features. By the way, if you want something fun to do here on this Forum, feel free to drop by PokeTrivia and check out Fire Type Emblem. Chapter 3 is coming to a close pretty soon and hence there will be an intermission. Might come to like it and you can play as Turtwig.

Back