• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LeafGreen hack: Pokemon LeafGreen Balanced Edition

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2023
    You guys were right, but it should be fixed now! Simple redownload the V5 patch. I also added some other things to it:

On Route 1, a girl will now give away the National Pokedex.
    Machamp can no longer learn scary face. But it can now learn Agility, Vital throw, and bulk up via level up.
    Vital throw now deals 75% damage and no longer has to go last.
    Beautifly is now more physically defensive and is faster but has less special attack and slightly less special defense.
    Bite has been buffed. It now deals 75% damage and now has a 40% chance of causing flinching.
    Crunch has been buffed. Crunch now deals 95% damage but has a 10% chance of causing flinching.
    Twister now deals 75% damage and now has a 40% of causing flinching.
    Grass Whistle now has a 75% chance of causing sleep.
    Dive now deals 120% and has 85% accuracy.
    Memento, Nature Power, Torment and Taunt now have priority.
    Beat up now has a base power of 40.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    @Moderators (i know there wasnt any pots for months but the dev himself is active since we talk :) )
    ----

@Gegalix
    well, here is what i think about the 3 starters and the changes u did on them. As u have realized my point of view is realism, i truly value it when i see it (but maybe thats just me). Anyway, this will be MY personal point of view, so all good :)

Bulbasaur starting stats

HP-> 25
    Attack-> 14
    Defense-> 12
    S.Attack-> 17
    S.Defense-> 17
    Speed-> 15

Squirtle starting stats

HP-> 22
    Attack-> 13
    Defense-> 16
    S.Attack-> 17
    S.Defense-> 14
    Speed-> 17

Charmander starting stats

HP-> 24
    Attack-> 14
    Defense-> 15
    S.Attack-> 16
    S.Defense-> 15
    Speed-> 16

HP -> fine for all 3.

Attack -> Squirtle should have the most and with a noticable difference, why? because if there is any way he attacks he does it by throwing himself (he being inside his shell) on the opponent and the trutle shell is a pretty rugged material (especially when he will eventually become a Blastoise) so it should deal a lot more dmg compare to the way Charmander or even Bulbasaur would attack.
    So i would give 16Attack to Squirtle, 10 to Charamander, 12 to Bulbasaur.

Defense -> Same thing as with Attack, the shell does the difference.
    So i would give 17Defense to Squirtle, 10 to Charmander and 11 to Bulbasaur.

S.Attack -> 16 to Charmander and Bulbasaur and 13 to Squirtle.

S.Defense -> 16 Bulbasaur, 14 Charmander and 11 Squirtle.

Speed -> 12 Charmander, 11 Bulbasaur and 9 Squirtle, none of them is really a fast pokemon (maybe charizard is fast because he flies but thats for later) and squirtle is just a turtle... :)

As you can see the way i see things is totally different. As you yourself said, you want balance first then uniqueness, i want the opposite :).

Ofc i understand that you created the entire balance already so in no way i ask for changes or anything like that, im sure u spent HOURS creating this hack while i havent spend any.
    I am merely sharing my point of view and hopelfuly i will help you in some way :)

---

Things i noticed after picking Bulba.
    1)Vine Whip says: not every effective on Pidgey yet still does pretty good damage.
    2)Growth skill on Bulba is a great idea.

----
    You include gen 2-3 pokemons as well, right?
    Do you include P/S/S split?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2023
    Mercilec
    Vine whip does good damage to Pidgey because it has below average Special Defense. The average stat is considered to be 100 in the Balanced series. Bulbasaur has above average Special Attack and gains STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) when using vine whip. Also if your Bulbasaur has Overgrow and is at low health It will boost Grass types moves like Vine Whip by X1.5.

All Gen 2 Pokemon are Present in Pokemon Leafgreen Balanced.
    50 Gen 3 Pokemon have been cut and replaced with Gen 4 evolutions and Mega Evolutions.
    The remaining 85 Gen 3 Pokemon are present in the game. Most are found in the post game, but some can be found during the main game.

The Physical/Special Split is currently not present in this mod.

Attachments

• Pidgey.png
      Pidgey.png
      21.5 KB · Views: 10
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2023
    The latest version of the game is now ready!
    For starters, certain Pokemon with new sprites stuck out when in battle. That has now been corrected.
    Swablu's movepool was very shallow (with only 4 moves) this has now been corrected, and its movepool has been increased substantially.
    String Shot now decreases the opponent's speed stat by -2.
    Mist and Safeguard now have +1 Priority.
    Giga Drain now has an accuracy of 85% (-15%)
    Mega Drain now has a base power of 90. (+10)
    Dig has a base power of 120 (+45) and an accuracy of 85%. (-15%)
    Skitty and Ralts can now be found on Route 3. Skitty can no longer have Cute Charm or Insomnia as its ability, but now instead has Serene Grace and Insomnia.
    Shroomish and Electrike can now be found on Route 4.
    Trapinch and Bagon can now be found in Mount Moon. Trapinch evolves earlier (lvl 25) and Vibrava does as well. (lvl 35)
    Plusle and Minun can now be found on Route 5.
    Roselia can now be found at Route 24.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2023
    Hello all!
    Version 7 is ready, and hopefully this will be the final version of the game.
    The updates for this include:
    General Updates
    All Pokemon have received updated Icons for battle.
    Stats for Pokemon Gens 1-4 + Alolan forms are now complete. Links will on this and the OP.
    These can also be used for other Balanced series games.
    Generation 1: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/5dw85y078lybx/Generation_1_Pokemon
    Generation 2: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/poct3ajpm3twi/Generation_2_Pokemon
    Generation 3: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/0738db150nwzy/Generation_3_Pokemon
    Generation 4: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/c6bp1ctgshtt6/Generation_4_Pokemon
    Base Stat Updates
    Abra BST Adjustment +5 HP -5 Atk +45 Def - 45 SpDEF
    Ralts BST Adjustment +50 Atk - 25 SpDef -25 Def
    Gloom BST Adjustment -40 Atk + 40 Def
    Doduo BST Adjustment +50 HP -110 Atk +10 Def +25 Sp Atk. +55 Sp Def -50 Speed
    Dodrio BST Adjustment +45 HP -120 Atk +10 Def -5 Sp Atk. +65 Sp Def +5 Speed
    Combusken BST Adjustment -5 HP -20 Atk +30 Def -25 sp atk +20 sp def
    Beautifly has been revamped to be a physical tank, and its
    Special Attack has been reduced while its Attack has been increased
    Movepool updates
    There are other changes, but the following are the most notable movepool changes
    Many More low HP Pokemon learn Pain Split
    Sableye now learns Fury Swipes, Hyper Beam, Rock Slide, Crunch, and Crush Claw
    Torkoal now learns Agility
    Delphox no longer learns Confuse Ray, but can instead learn Outrage
    Mega Beedrill now learns Dig and Steel Wing
    Beautifly now learns Cosmic Power, Barrier, leech life, and will-o-Wisp
    Qwilfish can now learn Spike Cannon, Spikes, Whirlwind, Double Edge, Explosion, Tail Whip, Tail Glow,
    Amnesia, Gust and Acid Armor. unsparce now learns Leech Life, Wing Attack, Rock Blast and the HM Fly.
    Croconaw now learns Bone Club
    Feraligatr now larns Bone Rush
    Gengar learns yawn, Feint Attack and Mega Punch
    Haunter now learns Slash and Twister
    Koffing now learn Overheat
    Weezing now learns Heat Wave
    Dustox can now learn Sand Tomb, Mean Look and Hyper Voice.
    Ability/Type Changes
    Qwilfish can no longer have Poison Point as its ability. instead it can have Rough Skin as its ability.
    Dustox can no longer have Intimidate as an ability but instead can have Immunity.
    Beautifly can now have Intimidate as its ability instead of Marvel Scale only.
    Beautifly and Dustox are now both Bug/Flying types.

If you have any questions or encounter any problems please leave a message here so I can address it. If you would like to talk to me or battle meor pitch an idea my discord server link is: https://discord.gg/XmRcbNG
    If you enjoyed this mod hopefully you will enjoy my future projects!

rainbow545

Banned
    Years
  • any way you could make the Pokemon stats each gen in a separate Document? i can't download any folders on Mediafire.

Years
  • I got a chance to play this game several days ago and it's very promising

some minor issues that I found:

-catching a lvl 64 mew from cerulean cave basement never obeys the player, ignoring the player's 8 badges due to using a special "fateful encounter" obedience bit
    -a "mega" absol exists but a "normal/regular" absol is not found in the wild (national pokedex has location for "absol" listed as "area unknown") - I ultimately had to use a wild pokemon encounter mod cheat code to force a wild encounter with an absol
    -one of the pokemon I caught had a mystic ticket as a held item (forgot which one); I put the mystic ticket in the bag but the sailor from the vermilion docks does not recognize it; so I can't access navel rock thru normal methods - again I had to input a cheat code to either warp/teleport to or gain access to navel rock and catch lugia & ho-oh

hopefully the OP/creator can address some of these problems, especially the obedience problem with mew

Back