• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Great Tenkaichi

What battle screen do you prefer? [i](Please read the new battle screen description before voting.)[

• New battle screen ([url=https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9751247#post9751247]described

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Classic Pokemon battle screen

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2020
    Are you going to add Arale, Pui Pui, Yakon, Yamu, Spopovich, Pintar, Killa, Jewel, Goku Jr, Emperor Pilaf, Mai, Shu, Mighty Mask, Grandpa Gohan, Vados, Champa, Cell Jr, Tekka, Pinich, Hero, Lucifer, Cardinal Mutchy Mutchy, Luud, Ledgic, The Sigma Force(Nezi, Ribet, Bizu, & Natt), General Rilldo, Dr Myuu, Lord Yao, Mira & Towa's son, Ranfan, Nam, Caterpy, Commeson, Launch, Forte, Viola, Spike the Devil Man, Watagash/Barry Khan, Android 33, Android 44, Android 55, Android 76, Sky Dragon, Amy, Banan & Sui (Frieza Soldier), Zeno, Ox King, Kuriza, Gryll, Mamba, Torga, Susha, Master Shen, Bacterian, Princess Snake, Toolo, Melee, Hoi, King Kai, Fangs the Vampire, King Chappa, Zoonama, Majin Ozotto, Taino, Napple, Annin, Don Para, Oolong, Puar, & Tights to the game?

LorisC

Nothing is real, everything is permitted!
    Years
  • Added Toppo's last transformation:
    9r1pWpO.png

Thanks to naironkr for his work!

LorisC

Years
  • Are you going to add Arale, Pui Pui, Yakon, Yamu, Spopovich, Pintar, Killa, Jewel, Goku Jr, Emperor Pilaf, Mai, Shu, Mighty Mask, Grandpa Gohan, Vados, Champa, Cell Jr, Tekka, Pinich, Hero, Lucifer, Cardinal Mutchy Mutchy, Luud, Ledgic, The Sigma Force(Nezi, Ribet, Bizu, & Natt), General Rilldo, Dr Myuu, Lord Yao, Mira & Towa's son, Ranfan, Nam, Caterpy, Commeson, Launch, Forte, Viola, Spike the Devil Man, Watagash/Barry Khan, Android 33, Android 44, Android 55, Android 76, Sky Dragon, Amy, Banan & Sui (Frieza Soldier), Zeno, Ox King, Kuriza, Gryll, Mamba, Torga, Susha, Master Shen, Bacterian, Princess Snake, Toolo, Melee, Hoi, King Kai, Fangs the Vampire, King Chappa, Zoonama, Majin Ozotto, Taino, Napple, Annin, Don Para, Oolong, Puar, & Tights to the game?

In some way I think most of them will be included.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    Added Toppo's last transformation:
    9r1pWpO.png

Thanks to naironkr for his work!
    Nice one,

Dypo has techniqually a new form as well. Despite it could be a new technique as well. However since it increases his speed so massively (let's say +100 speed while in this mode) it might be better to make a form out of it. SMLSM Dyspo would probally be the best name of the form.

Whatever it's a mega or a normal evolution is the real question. The form seems to be very similar to the rage form: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Rage_(form) as far mechanics goes. So I would suggesting adding these forms as well.

So I suggest this:
    - SMLSM Dyspo (evolution by level)
    - Rage Beerus (evolution by levelup when happyness is below X)
    - Rage Golden Frieza (evolution by levelup when happyness is below X)

With these requirement it wouldn't be a problem if they would get new forms in the future. It would also allow to make Freeza a bit more competive with the fighters.

I have been thinking about Android 17 but currently it seems to be difficult to make him match SSJ-BLUE level as far stats goes. So I have a feeling we need to give his strength by giving him some type of overpowered moves that would allow him to compeet with fighters that are a lot stronger than him.

LorisC

Years
  • I think Dyspo's one can work well as a Mega Evolution, it can even be a technique that increases speed by 2 or 3 stages, it would work in both cases.
    The same goes for Rage forms, they aren't real evolutions, they are more like form changes, so something similar to a Mega Evolution, maybe a form change triggered by the ability, that makes the fighter change form when HP drops under a certain amount.

Hidden Abilities can become useful in these cases! That way it won't be too simple to get access to these forms.

Regarding Android 17, it's true that we can't make him powerful as a ssj blue only using stats, but he knows some tricks that will make him a useful fighter in different situations.
    He doesn't have a lot of raw power, but the fact that he has unlimited energy and his fast thinking during battles can be useful.

The unlimited energy will work as an ability, I already have ideas on how to do!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    I think Dyspo's one can work well as a Mega Evolution, it can even be a technique that increases speed by 2 or 3 stages, it would work in both cases.
    The same goes for Rage forms, they aren't real evolutions, they are more like form changes, so something similar to a Mega Evolution, maybe a form change triggered by the ability, that makes the fighter change form when HP drops under a certain amount.

Hidden Abilities can become useful in these cases! That way it won't be too simple to get access to these forms.

Regarding Android 17, it's true that we can't make him powerful as a ssj blue only using stats, but he knows some tricks that will make him a useful fighter in different situations.
    He doesn't have a lot of raw power, but the fact that he has unlimited energy and his fast thinking during battles can be useful.

The unlimited energy will work as an ability, I already have ideas on how to do!

The only issue I think a mega evolution would have on Dyspo is his how usefull he can become as part of your team and might get overshadowed by more usefull mega evolutions on other fighters. It's clearly most of Dyspo strength comes from his evolution but as a mega he would be compleetly useless when the mega is not available. Similar to Android 17 we have to find something to prevent him from becomming thrash tier in the game. Than again he proofs to be rather weak in the anime as well and it's just his evolution that managed to get him in the top 3. The speed stats is rather overpowered in pokémon games (add least in the first generation, where crit scales with the speed stat). Maybe something that can be used for his abilities.

For range this form change can work. But I don't think it's a good idea for Dyspo because he would just get oneshotted before the fight even started. So I think a mega for rage would be the best option.

For 17 I think the barrier would probally be the best to make him somewhat defensive. What I would suggest is to make the barrier similar to the Substitute move from pokémon but than with different animation and no health lose for it's usuage. The strength of the barrier could scale with his special attack. Combined with his speed would make him very durable since it's clear that his shield is able to protect you from a lot of damage. Offcourse this barrier move would be exclusive to android 17 and he only learn it from a high level. Maybe the move could be learned to Android 18 as a breeding move.

LorisC

Years
  • We'll figure out something.
    Using a different fighter entry and make Dyspo's technique an evolution looks a lot too much to me!
    The available options are to make "Super Maximum Light Speed Mode" a move, and, if well thought, that way can work pretty well, or create a new form for Dyspo and switch to it using an ability or a Mega Evolution.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2019
    On the note of android 17: have you thought of giving him an ability which means he doesnt have to recharge after using a hyperbeam type move? This would allow for him to become a glass cannon, and would give him enough of a niche that he could still prove useful (given a sufficiently high speed stat). It would also make sense given his infinite energy: he wouldn't need to recharge after using a big move.

How would you feel about allowing several mega evolutions in a battle as well? This makes sense in the context of the anime (both Goku and Vegita effectively went mega in the most recent episodes) and would remove the restrictions that certain characters would have in that they are only useful if they are in mega-form

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    We'll figure out something.
    Using a different fighter entry and make Dyspo's technique an evolution looks a lot too much to me!
    The available options are to make "Super Maximum Light Speed Mode" a move, and, if well thought, that way can work pretty well, or create a new form for Dyspo and switch to it using an ability or a Mega Evolution.

Most of the games are going to make it a form. So I really think another entry will be needed to make it a mega evolution. Since it's one of the final characters right now it would be a shame to leave him out of the picture. Making it into a overpowered move will also be difficult with his existing moveset. Currently Dyspo has 3 unique moves

• Light Bullet (what is basicly a stronger quick attack)
    • Justice Crush (regular special attack)
    • Circle Flash (what is basicly a trap ability what would be crucial for his kit to function)

He also has 3 uncommon moves:
    • Energy Blade (physical attack, characters like Zamasu & Vegito have this move!!)
    • Cannon Maximum (basicly the kamehameha version for dyspo)
    • Justice Kick (high priority Fury Attack from pokémon with faster animation)

So my guess is that Dypo will endup with a moveset like this:
    • Light Bullet
    • Circle Flash
    • Energy Blade
    • Cannon Maximum

By making Super Maximum Light Speed Mode a move he will have to switch out Energy Blade or Cannon Maximum. If he will probally will have to remove Energy Blade else he wouldn't have a special attack move in his kit but that would mean his strongest physical attack will just be a quick attack. That would provide Dyspo with some serious limitations and will have to decide between a strong physical & a special attack.

Also I'm not sure what limitations moves have. SMLSM move could work out like the "Protect" move from pokémon but than raise your speed by a few stages every time you use it but than it would probally just replace Circle Flash what in theory would work out and would probally be the best solution if you really want to introduce it as a move. To raise the power of SMLSM even further you could like it increase it's speed by a few stages every turn (up to 3 turns) to promote using different abilities while SMLSM is active.

A list of all his moves:

Dyspo Moves

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    On the note of android 17: have you thought of giving him an ability which means he doesnt have to recharge after using a hyperbeam type move? This would allow for him to become a glass cannon, and would give him enough of a niche that he could still prove useful (given a sufficiently high speed stat). It would also make sense given his infinite energy: he wouldn't need to recharge after using a big move.

How would you feel about allowing several mega evolutions in a battle as well? This makes sense in the context of the anime (both Goku and Vegita effectively went mega in the most recent episodes) and would remove the restrictions that certain characters would have in that they are only useful if they are in mega-form

Vegeta next form is a regular evolution. A mega evolution useally is a tempory form that you can't hold for long. It's very clear that Vegeta will be using this move for longer durations.

He had something in mind for android 17 ability. But I like your idea.

Last edited:

LorisC

Years
  • Most of the games are going to make it a form. So I really think another entry will be needed to make it a mega evolution. Since it's one of the final characters right now it would be a shame to leave him out of the picture. Making it into a overpowered move will also be difficult with his existing moveset. Currently Dyspo has 3 unique moves

• Light Bullet (what is basicly a stronger quick attack)
    • Justice Crush (regular special attack)
    • Circle Flash (what is basicly a trap ability what would be crucial for his kit to function)

He also has 3 uncommon moves:
    • Energy Blade (physical attack, characters like Zamasu & Vegito have this move!!)
    • Cannon Maximum (basicly the kamehameha version for dyspo)
    • Justice Kick (high priority Fury Attack from pokémon with faster animation)

So my guess is that Dypo will endup with a moveset like this:
    • Light Bullet
    • Circle Flash
    • Energy Blade
    • Cannon Maximum

By making Super Maximum Light Speed Mode a move he will have to switch out Energy Blade or Cannon Maximum. If he will probally will have to remove Energy Blade else he wouldn't have a special attack move in his kit but that would mean his strongest physical attack will just be a quick attack. That would provide Dyspo with some serious limitations and will have to decide between a strong physical & a special attack.

Also I'm not sure what limitations moves have. SMLSM move could work out like the "Protect" move from pokémon but than raise your speed by a few stages every time you use it but than it would probally just replace Circle Flash what in theory would work out and would probally be the best solution if you really want to introduce it as a move. To raise the power of SMLSM even further you could like it increase it's speed by a few stages every turn (up to 3 turns) to promote using different abilities while SMLSM is active.

A list of all his moves:

Dyspo Moves

Spoiler:

Actually Mega Evolutions are forms, and for that reason they don't need a completely new entry, that's what I was trying to say.
    What I don't want to do is create a different fighter and evolve into it permanently.

Last edited:

LorisC

Years
  • On the note of android 17: have you thought of giving him an ability which means he doesnt have to recharge after using a hyperbeam type move? This would allow for him to become a glass cannon, and would give him enough of a niche that he could still prove useful (given a sufficiently high speed stat). It would also make sense given his infinite energy: he wouldn't need to recharge after using a big move.

Nice idea.
    I'll surely consider the possibility!

Regarding more that 1 Mega Evolution, what you said it's true, the fact that someone Mega Evolved shouldn't prevent another one to do the same.

LorisC

Years
  • Regarding more that 1 Mega Evolution, what you said it's true, the fact that someone Mega Evolved shouldn't prevent another one to do the same.

Already done, I also removed the Mega Ring requirement, I didn't see it fitting in the DB world!

LorisC

Years
  • After Vegito, today I've completed Gogeta:
    Ko5Tbgz.png

A note on how the failed fusions will work is needed at this point!
    When you try fuse Goku and Vegeta in their normal state there will be a chance for the result to be Veku (the fat one) or Skinny Gogeta.
    If that happens that Gogeta won't be able to transform to SSj and the stats won't be so high!

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2019
    I've been following this for a while now and i must say i can wait to give this a try!!!

can you say how long till a demo is out...dont wanna miss it :D

LorisC

Years
  • I've been following this for a while now and i must say i can wait to give this a try!!!

can you say how long till a demo is out...dont wanna miss it :D

Not yet, sorry.
    I have some University stuff to do that takes a lot of time, so I don't know how fast I will be able to proceed.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2019
    Not yet, sorry.
    I have some University stuff to do that takes a lot of time, so I don't know how fast I will be able to proceed.

ah yea uni stuff is more important...well good luck an i hope u will be able to complete this project!

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    Look like the blue forms in dragonball heroes are finally announced in a trailer. I found out that some artist are already are working on some fanart of them. This guy made a great beat one.

Someone else made one for Beat. Despite the color patern is different. It's still nice:

It might be to soon to add the as entries since we don't known if they would be new forms or mega's. But I just mention it anyway.

----

An update regarding my progress on the stats. I have to be honnest, currently my schedule has become very crowded. Something I fear what would happen and one of the reasons I never decided to start a project on my own. I still want to help and I will try to share as much of the information I already have collected on the stats. I still want to push out an stats generator eventually that could help out developers to generate more ballanced entries.

LorisC

Years
  • Everyone, please go here and answer the poll you'll find: Poll.

To be sincere there's even a 2nd reason for the question you'll find... I'll decide what to do depending on the results in more than 1 way!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
    Back