• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need help with my team!

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    I'm going to be battling someone soon on my firered, and i need help with my team.

Here it is:

Gengar
    Hypnosis
    Dream Eater
    Curse
    Shadow Ball

Alakazam
    Psychic
    Calm Mind
    Recover
    Psybeam

Marowak
    Bonemerang
    Iron Tail
    Brick Break
    Rock Slide

Jolteon
    Thunder
    Thunder Wave
    Iron Tail
    Shadow Ball

Cloyster
    Spikes
    Ice Beam
    Spike Cannon
    Aurora Beam

Charizard
    Fly
    Flamethrower
    Overheat
    Smokescreen

Note: was thinking of replacing Gengar with a pokemon that can learn Agility and Baton pass

Please post any suggestions or ideas you have to make my team better.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm well I will be moving this to in-game team help now. That's where you go when you need help with (surprise!) your in-game team.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well on Alakazam, having two attacks of each type isn't really necessary, considering that Psychic is the superior one aka stronger/more useful. Instead, go for either Shadow Ball to hurt other Psychic types after CM as well as or you can consider Fire Punch to attack steels.

For Gengar, On Curse... cutting your HP doesn't really help since there are more effecient ways to stall the opponent's HP (aka Toxic but not on Gengar). On Dream Eater, Psychic coverage doesn't really help Gengar, and you're better relying on your main STAB. But since you're considering not using it, I do suggest Ninjask @ Swords Dance, Protect, Baton Pass and Silver Wind since you have a STAB, a Pokemon that can boost speed reliably + SD (due to its Speed Boost Ability).

Jolteon can't make use of Thunder unless it's on a team with Rain Dance, and doesn't need to status w/ t-wave. Instead, Thunderbolt can work with higher accuracy than Thunder, along with Hidden Power Ice (if you can't breed it, that's fine, but it'd help). ;x Iron Tail doesn't really do much since it's physical, but on the alternative you could always give it Baton Pass + Agility as a second baton passer for the filler two spots.

On Cloyster, give it Rapid Spin so it can spin away your friend's hazards and surf so that it has a secondary STAB, since Aurora Beam doesn't do much considering you already have Ice Beam.

On Charizard you only really need one of Overheat + Flamethrower, since you're only wasting a spot if you have both which do the same thing basically. It could go mixed with Swords Dance and Earthquake too, since Smokescreen doesn't do much if your opponent switches out.

On Marowak, Swords Dance > Iron Tail since the latter doesn't do much for it, while the former boosts its stats which is always good.

Good luck beating your friend either way!

Back