• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Yosuga no Sora has an OP by Eufonius. That means I like it already.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • You should all read Umineko no Naku Koro ni. Classy witches with classy music, gore everywhere, Battler-chan, all around great stuff. Too bad the adaptation was so crappy.

Super excited for Index S2.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Yosuga no Sora

This show was a little less innocent than I thought it was going to be. I think it does have potential to be a very good series though. The show reminded me of quite a few things , Myself ; Yourself was one of them, H2O: Footprints in the Sand another. Let's just hope it doesn't go in the same direction as School Days.

Anyone else planning on watching this?

Last edited:

Rynner

Dare? You wouldn't.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2012
    To be completely honest, I did not like the story of Yosuga no Sora much. I might try it out, though, only to see if it's any good, but most probably, I will not follow through with it. What I am really waiting for, and luckily, it has been subbed, is Otome Youkai Zakuro. The story looks quite original and it has a nice setting, during the Meiji period/era.

The new Fall anime, so far, are not bad at all, which is opposite of what I initially expected. They all had a solid start, though some felt a little rushed, to me, such as Star Driver and Bakuman. MM! was exceptional and it most likely will be the best anime to watch this Fall.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Yosuga no Sora might have to be a series for me to keep an eye on. I'm still looking through reviews and stuff to see which fall anime may or may not garner my interest.

Meanwhile I'm still working on the second and third seasons of Minami-ke, which aren't as funny as the first but charming in their own way.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    MM! was exceptional and it most likely will be the best anime to watch this Fall.

I'm gonna have to disagree here. As amusing as an S&M comedy show seems, there's plenty of other shows that have better premises.

I think the best thing about the season is that there's a nice variety instead of the overdose of sit-around comedy shows.

Mecha fans have Star Driver and Super Robot Taisen
    The comedy set have a nice chunk of shows [Arakawa II, MM!]
    The fanservice shows have a foothold too [Sora no Otoshimono, ToLoveRu]
    There's even a straight romance one [Yosuga no Sora]
    In addition, there's a fairly big name Eroge show [Fortune Arterial]
    There's a nice bit of action as well [Nurarihyon no Mago from last season, Index II].
    Milky Holmes is probably gonna be big too, seeing as the PSP reservations sold out in a matter of a few weeks.
    Ore no Imouto has been big for a while, even before its anime release, seeing as its a Dengeki G's manga
    Oh and then there's Bakuman, which I've been looking forward to since its announcement.

Also, the return of the cat gun.

Rynner

Dare? You wouldn't.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2012
    I meant to say the best comedy anime this Fall. Excuse me for not being clear, considering I enjoyed multiple anime over this.

I just watched some of the new anime, some of which are: Otome Youkai Zakuro and Super Robot Taisen. The former wasn't as good as I expected, but it was rather an enjoyable first episode, and I probably will sitick with it, for now. The latter had an OK first episode, though, they could have slowed the pace down a bit; it's a little bit fast, for me that is. Nonetheless, I will stick with this one, too, and see how it goes.

Summing everything up, this wasn't a disappointing collection of anime, at all.

SuperiorCat

トウコ
    Years
  • Wooowwwww. Psychic Detective Yakumo was definitely worth the painful wait for subs. Brilliant first episode. And I'm in love with the opening theme. <3

First episode of Arakawa Season 2 was great, as I expected it to be. I plan to re-watch the first season before next week's episode.

Yosuga no Sora didn't have a brilliant first episode, but it definitely does show promise. I'm going to keep watching it anyway. n_n

Overall, I'm very impressed with Fall/Autumn season so far.
    I can't wait for Fortune Arterial now. o:

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Wooowwwww. Psychic Detective Yakumo was definitely worth the painful wait for subs. Brilliant first episode. And I'm in love with the opening theme. <3

First episode of Arakawa Season 2 was great, as I expected it to be. I plan to re-watch the first season before next week's episode.

Yosuga no Sora didn't have a brilliant first episode, but it definitely does show promise. I'm going to keep watching it anyway. n_n

Overall, I'm very impressed with Fall/Autumn season so far.
    I can't wait for Fortune Arterial now. o:

I second everything you said. PDY had a great first episode, and I loved both the OP and ED songs and themes.

Last edited:

Saitou

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    After waiting forever for the release of fine subs for Psychic Detective Yakumo, I finally managed to watch it, and luckily, the subs were great. I am not usually the person to judge and rate an anime by the first episode, I need to watch at least four episodes to do so. However, seeing as I read the manga and had a general idea on the story and how it is going to be applied, I can honestly admit that the anime, first episode anyways, was as good as or ever better than the manga. It hit off on a good, promising start.

Years
  • Arakawa Bridge x Bridge's first episode was just...<3 I planned to watch at least one episode of Yosuga no Sora, but now I'm having second thoughts. Some people thought it would be less tame than this, I actually expected the opposite. How could a show with a eufonius OP be so... :x?

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    In other news, the Saimoe top 8 are up

Nagi Sanzenin [Hayate the Combat Butler] vs. Mafuyu Shiina [Seitokai no Ichizon]
    Koromo Amae [Saki] vs. Ruiko Saten [Railgun]
    Shana [Shakugan no Shana] vs. Nodoka Haramura [Saki]
    Aoi Yamada [Working!] vs. Azusa Nanako [K-on!]

Interesting reports on the characters

Nagi WAS supposed to win Saimoe 2007 if not for the Americans tipping the scales towards Rika
    Mafuyu assassinated Hinagiku in round 1, and Senjougahara in round 3
    Koromo generally went through her bracket without any trouble.
    Ruiko beat out Tsumugi in round 1, and Fate in round 3, likely because Misaka got eliminated.
    Shana beat Nanoha and Yuri, in Round 3 and 1 respectively
    Nodoka generally went through unchallenged except for Maria [HayaCon]
    Aoi Yamada caused one of the biggest ragefests this year by defeating Tenshi.
    Azusa beat Misaka by 26 votes due to focus on Azusa and away from Mio [who was participating in the same round].

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I fin it rather funny and awesome that Saki is the only series that has two characters that made it in the top eight. Pretty good series, I watched it either earlier this year or late last year.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Just watched Clannad ~AS~ up to episode 18. I cried so much. I'm such a baby ;~;

Years
  • We all did. We ALL did.

1284832590405.jpg

Pic is just sad.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    It reminded me of my dads friend, same thing basically happened, and he enrolled in the army and got himself killed. I would have done the same tho.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Anyone watch Shinryaku Ika Musume yet? It's a fun "Let's take over the world"/"Don't pollute the ocean" anime XD

Saitou

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    Haha, yes, it was very funny. I never expected it to be that good, and it managed to follow the manga very well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back