• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle] Adding Trainer Battles?

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Is it possible to add trainer battles than just simply replacing pre existing trainers in Fire Red and Emerald? On a smaller note can overworld sprites be added in as well?

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • Is it possible to add trainer battles than just simply replacing pre existing trainers in Fire Red and Emerald? On a smaller note can overworld sprites be added in as well?

Seems like you are just new to rom-hacking :)

By the way aboutyour question!
    Yeah Trainer battles can be added as you said; its just that youcreate a new script ;)
    also OW sprites can also be added.
    There are tutorials about this thing though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    Seems like you are just new to rom-hacking :)

By the way aboutyour question!
    Yeah Trainer battles can be added as you said; its just that youcreate a new script ;)
    also OW sprites can also be added.
    There are tutorials about this thing though.

Yeah but aren't scripts just what set up a trainer that already exists though? I'm talking about making a whole new trainer ID with their list of pokemon for me to make a script out of. There are 356 Trainer ID's in Emerald and I plan on adding more than that. Does it really require some form of scripting that I don't know about? I tried looking everywhere with no signs of answers so that's why I resorted to here. I remember in Fire Red there were quite a few unused trainers that were from Ruby and Sapphire like Archie that I can just replace but from what I've seen as of Emerald it's not the case.

Last edited:

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • I think you can simply expand the trainers by using some trainer editing tool,
    I atleast remember that one of the tool had this feature but fant remember which.
    So maybe you trysome trainer editing tools.

Back