• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Deagonball Z - The Saiyan Saga - By Batesy

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
Years
  • Okay, I know I haven't really been to faithful to my games, but this is one I WILL finish.
    It's just the Saiyan Saga in game form. My inspiration for this were two games I played:
    Goku Jr's Adventure
    Vegeta Jr's Journey

Those two were great (Especially GJA)

Attached are screenshots of the game and a glitch that is always happening to me.

Any comments?

Jesus Freak Josh

Years
  • After I release the Beta (It'll be pretty much everything except glitches, charsets and maps) I will fix the charset. Right now it's as good as I've got. Besides, there's a much worse charset that I have.

Also, Master Roshi, he's the best charset of him I can get.

EDIT: But first, may I ask, is there any positive feedback?

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Seems like the Game Develoment/RM2K(3) forum is accumulating more and more DBZ Games. I'm sorry, but I have to agree with PokeDavid, but I won't be so harsh about it. I don't know if it's the quality of the chipset or if thats how they're supposed to look, but the chipset is a little on the blurry side. The charsets are really bad, low low low quality. I know it's hard to find charsets for DBZ chars, but how about trying to rip them yourself?

Jesus Freak Josh

Years
  • PKMN_Sage said:
    Seems like the Game Develoment/RM2K(3) forum is accumulating more and more DBZ Games. I'm sorry, but I have to agree with PokeDavid, but I won't be so harsh about it. I don't know if it's the quality of the chipset or if thats how they're supposed to look, but the chipset is a little on the blurry side. The charsets are really bad, low low low quality. I know it's hard to find charsets for DBZ chars, but how about trying to rip them yourself?
    Fine. I'll go to all of the trouble to get Goku off of Legacy of Goku II, and then Vegeta, Gohan and Trunks.
    Problem is my emulator doesn't support Buu's Fury and LOGI, which makes it hard to get a good pic of Raditz (And the one I've got right now... Let me tell you - horrible).

But yes, other than the char/chipsets, can anyone tell me what they think of the idea or game itself?

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Batesy said:
    Fine. I'll go to all of the trouble to get Goku off of Legacy of Goku II, and then Vegeta, Gohan and Trunks.
    Problem is my emulator doesn't support Buu's Fury and LOGI, which makes it hard to get a good pic of Raditz (And the one I've got right now... Let me tell you - horrible).

But yes, other than the char/chipsets, can anyone tell me what they think of the idea or game itself?

You're asking us what we think of the idea or the game, yet we really don't have anything to judge other than the screenies and you saying that it's the Saiyan saga in game form. If it's just the Saiyan saga, I'm going to have to say that it's been done in Legacy of Goku, why recreate it? You see Gold/Silver/Crystal remakes, but there's a purpose for those games to be remade. What is yours?

Jesus Freak Josh

Years
  • PKMN_Sage said:
    You're asking us what we think of the idea or the game, yet we really don't have anything to judge other than the screenies and you saying that it's the Saiyan saga in game form. If it's just the Saiyan saga, I'm going to have to say that it's been done in Legacy of Goku, why recreate it? You see Gold/Silver/Crystal remakes, but there's a purpose for those games to be remade. What is yours?
    Actually, get back to me on that...
    *wants to forget I said anything*

Years
  • Batesy said:

I can give you my rips, but I have to PM them 2 you, I don't want anyone stealing them, PLS GIVE ME PROPER CREDIT.

Jesus Freak Josh

Years
  • Pokedavid said:
    I can give you my rips, but I have to PM them 2 you, I don't want anyone stealing them, PLS GIVE ME PROPER CREDIT.
    Yes I will. Thankyou. I need some rips. I will give you credit.

Jesus Freak Josh

Years
  • Well I have started using the new Charsets and I have to admit, they are much better than the origionals! Thanks David!
    On another plus note, since I don't have Goku on LOGII on my emulator but have the others, I'm going to make a new Piccolo sprite. Because it looks REALLY horrible.
    Anyways, hopefully more work will be done today...

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • that character set looks alot better. Try fix your chipsets up, the look slightly blurry (like the objects such as the table and stuff).

BTW, you should let us know more info about you, like are you an experienced RM2k/3 programer? and are you planning to use a ABS(advanced battle system)- cause i don't see the point of a DBS(default battle system) DragonBall game, since all the GBA games used a ABS.

Jesus Freak Josh

Years
  • Thanks guys. You are great helpers! You are all going down in the credits!

EDIT: Well I'm stuck on this part:
    <>variable ch:[0001:attack]set,0
    <>enter passowrd:[0001:attack]
    <>FORK Optn:varbl[0001:attack]-5
    <>FORK Optn:Hero-Up face direct
    <>Change Switch:[0001:attacking]-ON set
    <>Show Battle Anim:Hit UP, Hero
    <>Variable Ch:[0002:Hero X]Set, Hero X pos.
    <>Variable Ch:[0003:Hero Y]Set, Hero Y pos.
    <>Variable Ch:[0003:Hero Y]-, 1

How am I meant to make it say Hit UP, Hero? Do I have to edit one of the attacks in the database?

Last edited:
    Back