• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need some help with my game!

Years
  • I'm making a game called 'chin island' and I need some help with some stuff.
    It's going to be made with game maker and it will be a platform game, with stuff you can do like archery and it's supposed to be a funny game and I need 48 jokes for the window captions. It'll be like one joke in the window caption for 30 seconds, then it'll change. So can some people help give me some jokes since I can't think them out myself. Maybe one or two myself. I'll put your username in () beside the joke, and put the username on the 'thankyou' part. As long as the joke's not racist/sexist/discrimanating or innapropriate, nothing above the level of r13. I hope they're funny!

usami

biohazard
    Years
  • Sudowoodo_prince said:
    I'm making a game called 'chin island' and I need some help with some stuff.
    It's going to be made with game maker and it will be a platform game, with stuff you can do like archery and it's supposed to be a funny game and I need 48 jokes for the window captions. It'll be like one joke in the window caption for 30 seconds, then it'll change. So can some people help give me some jokes since I can't think them out myself. Maybe one or two myself. I'll put your username in () beside the joke, and put the username on the 'thankyou' part. As long as the joke's not racist/sexist/discrimanating or innapropriate, nothing above the level of r13. I hope they're funny!
    This should have gone into the RM2K section, I believe and sorry I can't help you ^^;

Years
  • You know, I actually would need some help with some stuff, although the main thing I started the thread for were the jokes. I'm going to have stuff like temperature, and weather, and time in the game.
    Like the temperature effecting the weather, as if it's 1 degrees it will snow, but I don't know how to get the temperature to go in a random path so the results of temperature are unpredictable, and stuff. Can you help with that?
    The same with the weather, to set it up in a random path, like whether it'll be rainy or sunny, e.t.c.

Oh, and what does RM2K stand for?Does it mean Roleplay maker?

B.T.W I don't want the jokes to be long, just like one-liners or little joke things.

lighterhead2001

Fujiwara-kun unofficially!
    Years
  • I could help you a little bit with rm2k..but..It would just be switches,variables and a lot of time..and the best thing I have done with G maker was make a pacman like game >.<

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Yeah, this goes in RM2K which is basically the catch-all forum for user-created games and stuff. =\ *moves*

Years
  • Another edit: I don't think I'll do the joke thing since I found out the window captions can't actually be changed, can only be changed in the score and health thingy of the window caption by cutting off the words 'score' and 'health' And in fact, I might not even do the game. although I might continue it, I probably won't put it here, and just show it to my friends or something, but I still need help with the stuff below in case I decide I want to continue it.

Um, just remember, I don't want this to drift too far away from the original topic's point. If you don't understand what I'm talking about with the jokes thing, I just want you to post jokes here and I might put them on the game, here's an example joke: I know what you did last summer. You breathed. *Which will be included in the game*
    I was just thinking everyone could post one joke each, or a few jokes each, or something like that, so it could be a combined thing.
    But, I do need help with the actual making of the game. Does anyone know about setting up paths for stuff like temperature and weather? I also need some sound resources, but I can find them on the internet.
    Oh, and there's this other thing too. In the game there's a car and a baseball bat, and you can smash the car with the bat, but the problem is I want it to affect both sides, like if I hit the left side, it'll smash the left side, and if I hit the right side, it'll smash the right side, but I don't know how I can do this without making them two seperate images, is there any way I can have them as one sprite?It needs to be one sprite because you're also going to be able to control the car, and it would be very complicated to have two seperate images having to move the same way. I think I'll e-mail gamemaker about these, but if anyone can help, please tell me.
    Once the game's done, I'll post a link to the download here!

Edit: About the jokes, they can be politically incorrect and stuff, but no really bad stuff, keep it light, I'll take idiot jokes since I think all discriminations are derived from what we see as idiot but no stuff like nerds are idiots, okay? Make it just the idiot part, like make fun of stupidity but not like making fun of supposed stupidity of nerds or whatever. About the sexual stuff, I do actually have 2 flirting jokes in there, but that's as high as I'll go with receiving those jokes, and no sexual references. I even have some jokes in there which is like one of those which jokes with the player, like:
    Crab. really you are. Or how do you trick an idiot? Tell them a stupid joke.
    In short, It can be politically incorrect as long as it's light and not really bad.

Last edited:
    Back