• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CodeHelmet: Hello

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
  • Really late/early morning but why not introduce myself. My name is Steve but I go by a few names online. Most notable is DarkHelmet or DH for short that I use on other communities. If anyone is interested about what they would be are welcomed to message me. Other name I go by is ironically CodeHelmet. Why CodeHelmet you ask? Its a combination of two things I like.

First part or Code references one of my all time favorite animated series in Code Lyoko. Code Lyoko was a 2D/3D CGI hybrid series that was distributed worldwide and won numerous awards. To this day it remains extremely popular and is set to have another reboot this Winter. The show's channel isn't hard to find on Youtube so you can watch all the original series Episodes if you'd like but they're not quite done uploading all the Episodes(got a couple more to go). The other half or Helmet references my favorite character or DarkHelmet from the movie Spaceballs. Mel Brooks was an underrated actor and director during the 70's and 80's and honestly I don't think any of his movies could be made in today's PC Environment.

In addition to Code Lyoko, I have numerous other animated interests: Pokemon(duh), Duck Tales(RIP Alan Young), Chip&Dale, TMNT(1987), Gravity Falls, Avatar(Airbender and Korra), Star vs Forces of Evil, Star Wars(Clone Wars and Rebels), Animaniacs, Pinky&Brain, Tiny Toon Adventures and so on.

Being that this is a Pokemon Forum, I'm sure you're curious as to when I started watching the series. I'm one of the earliest supporters or an Original(1997). I bought Pokemon Yellow not long after it came out but I haven't been involved in subsequent Generations since due in large part to not having the time and losing track of the anime post Johto. I mean I did watch Episodes from time to time but I never really was motivated to watch every single episode like I was back in the early days and subsequently never bought the games that went with the corresponding Generations.

However, one day I started reading buzz about the end of Pokemon XY and hence took the time to watch all 140 of its Episodes(some of them several times) and I must acknowledge that having been an avid Original that XY blew me out of the water with regards to the anime. The art style, character chemistry and development with the built-in shipping was masterfully done. Not to mention that finale was like a Hydrogen Bomb on all other shipping lines. I respect other shippers(heck I'm partial to Misty) but you have to admit... that finale definitely did catastrophic damage. I've been watching Sun and Moon ever since and with regards to Sun&Moon... I have twin nieces that resemble Lana's sisters and ironically, one of my nieces is named Sarah. As for how I feel about S&M in general... eh I could write a damn book on the subject.

My Pokemon Yellow is still working in an old Gameboy Color and back when I used to play it I obviously had Pikachu(although I preferred Jolteon) and the starters but when it came to Fire Types, I had a thing for Vulpix. I loved Vulpix so much that I had it over Charmander in my final 6. Other starters did for obvious reasons but there was this charm about Vulpix that gets to me even to this day and when I saw the Alola form on S&M... I'm honestly considering buying a 3DS and Sun just so I can have one. My other Pokemon would be Sandshrew(my favorite ground-type) and Fearow(best Flying type for Generation 1).

If anyone should happen to have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll look into editing Avatar and other features at a later date but for now... bedtime.

Vragon

Hi and Welcome Code of the helmet (ignore this not intended to insult).

1) Never seen Code Lyoko (Audience of 5th dimension goes What!)
    2) I like a lot of shows that are on your list in the 3rd paragraph
    3) Speaking of Generations, if you haven't you should watch Pok?mon Generations on youtube (it's worth it)
    4) Yeah XY was good and I still like Sun and Moon now that it's around 30 episodes in. I really liked DP area to, though also a guilty pleasure of BW.
    5) Never played Yellow (Audience of the 5th dimensions again goes WHAT!)
    6) Thanks for the offer and if you have any questions I would recommend the moderators since I'm a Fan Fic specific guy.

Years
  • Hey there Steve, we're happy to have you onboard! Oh hey, some of those shows you listed I used watch prominently. I've seen some Pokemon, and Gravity Falls. I'm also a big fan of Avatar, do you have a favorite saga from the two? I haven't watched the anime much since Unova, but we do have a dedicated PokeAni section where you can share your thoughts about the anime with others. You can find that section here.

I highly recommend you to get Sun, as you mentioned, the concept of Alolan forms is really cool and some nice Pokemon have come out of that. (Such as Alolan Vulpix, my favourite Alolan form too! ^^). It's a game really worth playing! So yeah, I hope you enjoy your time here! Feel free to send me a message if you ever need anything! :D

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • @Kazune: TY for the welcome.

@Vragon: Code Lyoko is a French Anime that aired from 2003 to 2007. It had 97 Episodes, two of which were Prequel Episodes that explain how the protagonists met. Search Code Lyoko Official English on Youtube to find its English dub channel. The prequel Episodes and 93 of the 95 English dubbed Episodes are posted there. Final two Episodes should be uploaded in the next two weeks if they stick to their schedule. There is also a 5th Season that was made in 2012. It was part live action/part 3D CGI and lets just say most fans treat it like M.Night Shyamalan's Airbender. There is a reboot effort underway with Code Lyoko Rebirth(can find their channel on Youtube as well). Their Episodes will be uploaded 12/25/17 so we shall see how it turns out. One more thing regarding Code Lyoko is that it has its own album. Most animated series don't even have one and it can be found on Youtube. Just search for Code Lyoko album and you'll easily find it(comes in native French or English). Also has a decent OST if you want to hear things that were ripped right from the show(search Code Lyoko OST).

As for Pokemon Yellow, think of it as Pokemon Red or Blue but with three differences. Namely your starter is by default Pikachu while your rival always has Eevee(like Gary did). How you fare in the first two fights determines what he evolves it into(Both wins: Jolteon, W/L: Flareon, L/L: Vaporeon). Second difference is that Team Rocket(aka Jesse and James) make several appearances with their trusty Kanto Pokemon(Meowth, Ekans and Koffing(with Ekans and Koffing eventually evolving)). Final difference is that unlike in Red and Blue, you can obtain all three starters(Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle) in one go without trading(just like Ash did). You also can't evolve Pikachu with a Thunderstone(have to trade him first, evolve, and then trade him back. Once Evolved, he no longer follows you).

@Radiating: TY for welcome and I'm making my rounds. As for the Airbender question(which I forgot to answer at first so my apologies), I prefer Korra over the original Airbender. Airbender was indeed original, creative and award winning but Korra was more polished, darker and aimed for an older audience. Tack on the fact that Aang's grandkids stole the show and you have the makings for a terrific series. They honestly could make more if they wanted to but they ended the show on a nice note.

Last edited:
    Back