• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Celesteela preferred Boost

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
  • So I currently have Celesteela with careful nature with a boost of Sp. Def. Would that be best boost or should I go for another boost?

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
    Years
    • Seen today
    It really depends on what kind of role you want your Celesteela to be playing.

If you want a Defensive or Specially Defensive Celesteela, then just invest into HP and defenses so that it can do its job better. It's not going to be picking up KOs that often, so the boosts don't matter.

If you want an offensive Celesteela, then it just depends on if you're using it as a Physical or Special attacker. Either way, Careful nature would not be the way to go.

Usually for any defensive Celesteela you would also go with a -Spe nature since it uses both Physical and Special attacks and can really do without the speed.

This is all assuming a singles format, though I'm guessing that the situation wouldn't be too different for doubles.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • It really depends on what kind of role you want your Celesteela to be playing.

If you want a Defensive or Specially Defensive Celesteela, then just invest into HP and defenses so that it can do its job better. It's not going to be picking up KOs that often, so the boosts don't matter.

If you want an offensive Celesteela, then it just depends on if you're using it as a Physical or Special attacker. Either way, Careful nature would not be the way to go.

Usually for any defensive Celesteela you would also go with a -Spe nature since it uses both Physical and Special attacks and can really do without the speed.

This is all assuming a singles format, though I'm guessing that the situation wouldn't be too different for doubles.

Sorry It is for VGC 18. I shouldve stated

Sirfetch’d

I'm not too into VGC but aren't most offensive in the tier?

Back