• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen How good are Vileplume and Bellossom?

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
  • So thurday night i was playing pokemon pokemon crystal clear, and decided to catch two female Oddish and evolve them into Bellossom and Vileplume for the first time

My question is, are they good in these games?

Years
  • I don't think having both of them is really good, I'd go for a Vileplume since it deals more damage with Poison moves.

Gloom can learn Sleep Powder at very early levels which is very nice, you can then evolve it and teach it TM Giga Drain and TM Sludge Bomb or TM Sunny Day, TM Solar Beam and TM Sludge Bomb.

Yup, without ALL these TMs they are pretty useless...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • They're not very fun to use in gen II, honestly. I don't think they really got very interesting until gen IV. With Vileplume, you at least get added STAB with Poison typing that can add to your enjoyment, but I suppose in the end, it comes to how you like to play. If you enjoy inflicting status moves on opponents and being a nuisance, both can do that job. Bellossom is slightly tankier, but has less to play with if you just want to go offensive. I wouldn't call either of them bad Pokemon, but there are certainly better Grass types. But this is coming from someone that uses Sunflora for fun in gen II so take all this as you wish, lol.

Back