• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Send out Pokemon Animation

Years
  • I'm using the latest version of essentials and I'm wanting to change the animation of the player throwing their pokeball out so that the animation is the same as the opponents. Does anyone know how to do this?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Can you be more specific?

Do you want it to be the same number of frames (how long the animation takes to play), or to look the same (in terms of the actual pictures shown during the animation) ?

So pretty much the animation looks like this (excuse the quality):

Spoiler:

So yeah, same number of frames and same location as if it were the opponent's battler however it's in the same position for the player's battler if that helps.

elynxer

Sworedyz
    Years
  • So instead of the player throwing the pokeball out, you want the pokeball to instead be on the ground, and open up while the player goes to the left on the screen.

Got it.

That will take some RGSS coding, but it shouldn't be too horrible.

Years
  • So instead of the player throwing the pokeball out, you want the pokeball to instead be on the ground, and open up while the player goes to the left on the screen.

Got it.

That will take some RGSS coding, but it shouldn't be too horrible.

Thanks man but how would you go about doing this? Mainly just the sections that need to be changed. Is it possible to copy the script from the foe's animation and copy it over? (Obviously tweaking it so the player moves off to the left rather than the right)

elynxer

Sworedyz
    Years
  • Lemme see a copy of your scripts file.

Do you know any RGSS?

I use an older version of Pokemon Essentials, but I can take a look at your scripts file, and fine the place. There's a function for the animation that's shown for throwing out the pokeball,

Years
  • Script:

As far as experience goes I know that the animation script is located in PokeBattle_Scene and starts around line 784. I can read and understand the script and make ability/move scripts by copying and changing scripts from other moves. Basically what I don't know is making scripts from scratch. I'm just inexperienced when it comes to animating and animation scripts.

Also I should say that I'm using Zeak6464's Side by side battle script. That's why I'm trying to use this sort of animation.

Last edited:
    Back