• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Implementing Gen 5 Doctor/Nurse healing Pokemon after trainer battle into Gen 3 scripting

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    More specificialy for the Fire Red hack I'm doing at the moment.

I've seen tutorials on how to heal Pokemon by talking to NPC's but none said how to implement it right after defeating a trainer in battle. The nurse at the Desert Resort in B/W 2 as an example.

What I want to do is add Nurse Joys in some dungeons (Mt. Moon) and even some routes (12 and 13) as a trainer and I know how to add a trainer battle, but not how to add the special 0x0 afterward in the same script.

It happens automatically after you win against a nurse in B/W, and again after talking to her a second time.

Apologies if this sounds a little confusing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    OK, I've managed to get it to work.

Mostly.

#dynamic 0xA0173D

#org @start
    trainerbattle 0x0 0x051 0x0 @Encounter @Defeat
    msgbox @AfterBattle 0x6
    fadescreen 0x1
    fanfare 0x100
    waitfanfare
    special 0x0
    fadescreen 0x0
    msgbox @Heal 0x6
    return
    end

#org @Encounter
    = I'm a Pokémon Trainer before\nI'm a Pokémon Nurse.\pProve you're worthy of\nmy help.

#org @Defeat
    = Wonderful job!

#org @AfterBattle
    = Let's get you patched\nup, shall we?

#org @Heal
    = Please come to me again if you\nneed my help.

The only problem I have is that I can't get a fourth msgbox to work after she heals my Pokémon. Any help would be great.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    With this code I've finally managed to make it work, though it has a unique quirk.

On a overworld map like in Route 2 where I tested this, it works fine, but in a dungeon like area in Viridian Forest, the screen fades back in a darker shade. Though opening and closing the Pokemon screen fixes it. Even seeting fadescreen 0x3 to fadescreen0x2 doesn't fix it. Any ideas?

#dynamic 0xA01007

#org @start
    trainerbattle 0x0 0x006 0x0 @Encounter @Defeat
    msgbox @AfterBattle 0x6
    lock
    faceplayer
    fadescreen 0x1
    fanfare 0x100
    waitfanfare
    special 0x0
    fadescreen 0x0
    msgbox @Healed 0x4
    closeonkeypress
    release
    end

#org @Encounter
    = Hello.\nI'm Nurse Joy, a Pokémon Nurse.\pWe have many of us Joys wandering\naround Kanto offering our services.\pBut were Pokémon Trainers before\nPokémon Nurses!

#org @Defeat
    = What, you thought my name was Joy?\nJoy's our family name, like the Jenny's.

#org @AfterBattle
    = Now I can be a Pokémon Nurse.

#org @Healed
    = There you go.\nIf you need my help again, just ask.

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • With this code I've finally managed to make it work, though it has a unique quirk.

On a overworld map like in Route 2 where I tested this, it works fine, but in a dungeon like area in Viridian Forest, the screen fades back in a darker shade. Though opening and closing the Pokemon screen fixes it. Even seeting fadescreen 0x3 to fadescreen0x2 doesn't fix it. Any ideas?

i believe that's actually a known bug with the fadescreen command interacting with darker maps (cloudy weather in amap)
    idk if anyone's done any research on it tho

good job on figuring it out though!

Back