• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

.sgm "unknown file type"?

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2017
    I am using VisualBoyAdvance 1.7.5 for Mac OSX, on a Macbook running OSX 10.9.5.

When I load the ROM in VBA it plays from the beginning, and when I try and load my save state using the keyboard shortcut (fn and F1) the red text appears at the bottom of the window "loaded state 1" but it just continues with the opening sequence. When the window is closed an error message pops up saying "Error creating file Battery Saves/light-platinum-final.sav"

If I try and load the save state directly from the VBA drop down menu by going fie>Open Rom>Applications>Visual Boy Advance>Save States>light-platinum-final1.sgm , I get an error message stating "Unknown file type /Applications/Visual Boy Advance/Save States/light-platinum-final1.sgm"

This happens whether I am currently running the ROM or not. There's no "Load File..." option or anything like that in the drop down menu, the only options under File are: Open Rom, Close Rom, Pause Emulation, and Reset Emulation.

If anyone can give me a hand I'd be so grateful! I'm not computer savvy but I can follow instructions. I've read about a few people having the same issues in years-old posts but I haven't read of a fix for the problem anywhere. :(

Back