• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reloading a map without transferring the player?

Telemetius

Tele*
Years
  • Hello forum,

RPG maker has this handy function so that when you travel between maps the events that previously moved will return to their original position if a self switch/global switch for that event isn't set true.

My problem is that I'm looking for that particular piece of code that reloads and refreshes every event in the map without transferring to another map (I need it for a series of reasons) and I cannot find it.

I've tried so far:

update
    $game_map.refresh
    $game_map.need_refresh
    refresh
    $game_map.update

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2021
    Have you tried searching for the code the debug menu uses? It has a refresh map feature which afaik also resets every event to their initial state.

$game_map.refresh actually only tell the map that it has changed and needs to be updated, it doesn't do anything with resetting.

Telemetius

Tele*
    Years
  • Have you tried searching for the code the debug menu uses? It has a refresh map feature which afaik also resets every event to their initial state.

$game_map.refresh actually only tell the map that it has changed and needs to be updated, it doesn't do anything with resetting.

Yeah it just calls $game_map.need_refresh which in turn calls $game_map.refresh with a fadescreen. I'd like something more efficient to re-initialize the entire map.

Back