• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rocket Black & Rocket White

Mega Swadloon

Swadloon Trainer
Years
  • I have always wanted to create and finish a fun Rom Hack. I finally feel like I have a strategy to get that done, so here's my idea.

Rocket Black & Rocket White: (Keep in mind, Pokemon Multiverse is conformed so just bare with me for a moment) Remember the 117th Episode of the Diamond and Pearl series where Jesse and Meowth want to quit team rocket, but James tries to catch the Shiny Metagross? Let's start there.

Now in this universe, Jesse and James never reunited, James captured the shiny Metagross. Jesse goes on to pursue her dream as a Pokémon coordinator and meowth goes on to run the ramen shop. But James continues to pursue his dream to climb the ladder in the Team Rocket ranks. James becomes more and more powerful, and ends up surpassing Giovanni in power.

Bitter that Giovanni never respected his efforts, James along with other Team Rocket grunts who feel the same split from Team Rocket and form a new rebel gang called Rocket White.

And from there, there will be some sort of conflict between Giovanni's Team Rocket and James' Team Rocket. (Still working it out)

In Rocket Black Verizon, you will play as Giovanni. In Rocket White Version, you will play as James. Pokémon from newer gens will be included. And I'm thinking of making a new region / map as well as being able to travel to certain locations in established regions.

All new overworld sprites and sprites for trainers you run into (basically, no reusing the bug catcher sprites. Wanna give the games a new look.) The 2 versions would have the same map, so the difference would just be the scripting and your overworld sprite, starter Pokémon etc. And I will be editing the music so custom music.

I'm not looking for a team, because I think I can handle most of it on my own, but I will except help. The thing I would need the most help with is trainer sprites. However, What I'm really looking for is if you think this is an interesting idea as far as story goes.

Last edited:
    Back