• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 4] Pokemon Platinum Time Wrap Hardcore Nuzlocke

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Introduction

Hi everyone, this is Yogo here and I am sharing with you all a hardcore nuzlocke experience of the Time Warp Challenge. the era being Jurassic Jam.

Rules:-

1. Only 1 Pokemon is allowed to be caught in each area.
2. Species Clause - Pokemon of the same species (including evolution lines, different formes, etc.) is banned.
3. No over-leveling past the gym leader's/elite 4's aces highest leveled Pokemon.
4. No items allowed in battle. (held items are fair game)
5. Mandatory Pokemon overrules Banned Pokemon types. (eg. Crobat is mandatory in Johto games for the Mobster Mania era, while in other games it is banned because flying types are banned in the said era.)
6. No connecting to other games.

Rules specific to Jurassic Jam:-
1. No Pokemarts. (even to buy Pokeballs, Full Restores, etc.)
2. All HM Pokemon should match the allowed types in the era.
3. No Game Corners
4. If the Pokemon found in the wild doesn't match the allowed type but it gets the allowed type after evolution, you cannot catch it. (eg. Bidoof starts as a normal type, then evolves into a normal/water type. In this case I cannot catch the Bidoof. But I am still able to catch Bibarel as it is a water type and therefore, is allowed.)

That's for the rules, lets start our adventure then.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Entry 1

I start my adventure choosing Chimchar as my starter as the other allowed starter, Piplup turns into a steel type later, which is banned. I get some Pokeballs from Lucas and am now allowed to catch Pokemons which officially starts my adventure. I head north of Jubilife city towards Route 204 where the Ravaged Path is located. There I catch a Psyduck. I train it up a bit on Budews for spa evs and tackle the rival battle.

The second rival battle went fairly easily with Chimchar taking Starly out and Psyduck dealing with Piplup. I wait until night so that I can catch a Kricketot. (this thing is basically just gonna be an HM slave.) Before I forget I grab the quick claw from a building in Jubilife city. I head towards Oreburgh city to take on the 1st gym. I grinded a bit before the gym, evolving my Chimchar into Monferno and Kricketot into Kricketune. Roark was easily swept with Psyduck spamming water gun.

Pokemon in Party-
Monferno- Lvl 15
Psyduck- Lvl 15
Kricketune- Lvl 10

Gym Leaders defeated-
Roark

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Entry 2

I returned back to Jubilife city and travelled north to Floaroma town. Here, I collect the TM for Pluck and head towards Valley Windworks. Here, I catch a Shellos. I defeated Mars's Zubat with Shellos although in the process it got badly poisoned. Then her Purugly came out and I swapped into Monferno, who took a chunk from Fake Out. I was able to get it to just below half Hp (including healing from Oran berry) before I had to swap into Psyduck. But Psyduck left it at red Hp after 1 water gun. So I had swap back into Shellos, who literally survived at 2 Hp after poison damage! and KO'D with Water Pulse.

After that close call, I headed out to Route 205 where I caught a Buizel. Then in Eterna Forest, Cherly's Chansey knocked out my encounter, Cascoon, with Egg Bomb after I failed it on my first Pokeball. Another unfortunate incident happened in Eterna Forest where the psychics with 2 Abras targeted my Shellos with Hidden Power, knocking it below half and the chansey missed its Egg Bomb, so my water pulse couldn't knock one of them out. I knew if I swapped anything, it would just be a death sentence so I took the risk and … well, they targeted my Shellos and since its slow it can't move before them. That was the end of Shellos. Thanks buddy, your sacrifice won't go to waste.

The Eterna Gym was smooth sailing with Monferno. The fight with Jupiter went very bad. Her Zubat has super effective coverage for my whole team and I can't overlevel too much cuz of the next gym's level cap being close. But thanks to a clutch crit from Monferno's flame wheel, we got through without casualties.

I finished cycling road and then mined for like 1 and half hours for an armor fossil. (Seriously, mining for these takes a lot of time.) I got a Cranidos from resurrecting it in the Mining Museum in Oreburgh city.

Pokemon in Party-
Monferno- Lvl 24
Psyduck- Lvl 24
Buizel- Lvl 24
Cranidos- Lvl 20
Kricketune- Lvl 10

Gym Leaders defeated-
Roark
Gardenia

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Entry 3

I head towards Hearthome city, through Route 208, wherein lies my next encounter Bibarel, which my Psyduck OHKO'd with a crit water pulse. I train up the rest of my team for the Hearthome gym. In the process, my Buizel evolved into Floatzel and also learned Crunch. The battle with Fantina was a disaster. I start of my just missing the KO on Duskull with My Floatzel's Crunch and ended up getting burned by will-o-wisp. Though, I still get the 2 hit KO after her super potion. She sent out Mismagius next, to which I sadly had no switch-in. So, I had to sac Floatzel, although it still got the crucial Crunch off to take about half of its health. This allowed Monferno to KO it on the next turn with Flame Wheel after tanking a non-crit Psyshock with yellow HP. Her Haunter was handled by my Psyduck.

After that loss , I went back to Jubilife City and head towards Route 218 to fish myself a Magikarp (Honestly, I should have did this earlier, but the same route had both Floatzel and Gastrodon as grass encounters, which I saved in case I screw it up somehow. I thought Magikarp was available in several other routes so it would be fine, but that was my grave mistake). I also catch a Ponyta from Route 206 (I hadn't caught it before to save Pokeballs, but I decided to catch it so that it would guarantee a Scyther encounter on Route 210). Also, my Psyduck AGAIN crit down my Gible encounter in Wayward cave. I also get my Honey tree encounter on Route 207, a Burmy, which I evolved into a Trash form Wormadam by grinding inside Mt. Coronet.

The rival battle went smoothly with my Gyarados doing most of the cleaning. I reach Solaceon town and catch a Scyther on Route 210. I then reach Veilstone city through Route 215, where I encounter a Marill, but I regard it as a "cute water type" I don't catch it. At the moment I am training for the Veilstone gym.

Pokemon in Party-
Monferno- Lvl 31
Psyduck- Lvl 29
Gyarados- Lvl 29
Cranidos- Lvl 29
Wormadam- Lvl 29
Scyther- Lvl 23

Gym Leaders defeated-
Roark
Gardenia
Fantina

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Entry 4

Maylene was taken down easily thanks to Scyther's Technician boosted wing attacks. I head towards Pastoria city after that battle, and catch a wingull on Route 213. I then enter Pastoria city and head towards The Great Marsh. Here I catch a Wooper and decide to replace Wormadam trash form with it. I then train up my team for the next gym battle during which Wooper evolves into Quagsire, Psyduck into Golduck, Cranidos into Rampardos and Monferno into Infernape.

Wake went easily thanks to Quagsire's ability in water absorb and the move yawn to provide free switches into my other Pokemon to grab KOs. I then chase the grunt that detonated the bomb in Great Marsh, defeat him and Cynthia gives me the Secret Potion to chase away the Psyducks on Route 210.

Pokemon in Party-
Infernape- Lvl 38
Golduck- Lvl 38
Rampardos- Lvl 38
Gyarados- Lvl 38
Scyther- Lvl 38
Quagsire- Lvl38

Gym Leaders defeated-
Roark
Gardenia
Fantina
Maylene
Wake

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Entry 5

I reach Celestic town, where I grab all the glasses (Choice Specs, Blackglasses & Wise glasses) from different times of the day. Cyrus was easily swept with Infernape and Rampardos. Cynthia's grandmother gives me HM Surf for defeating him and I use it in Pastoria city where I catch a Tentacruel. Unfortunately, it had a jolly nature and really bad spa EVs, I decided to box it for the time being. I then head to Fuego Ironworks from Floaroma town, where I catch a Magmar. (Speaking of Magmar, I forgot to mention I KO'd my Houndour encounter on Route 214)

I then head to Canalave city where I sweep my rival with specs Surf from Golduck and some help from Infernape and Quagsire. Byron was again swept by specs Surf. The battles with Commander Mars and Saturn were easy, after which I head towards Route 216 from Mt. Coronet. Currently, I am travelling through Route 216 to Snowpoint city.

Pokemon in Party-
Infernape- Lvl 42
Rampardos- Lvl 42
Golduck- Lvl 42
Gyarados- Lvl 42
Scyther- Lvl 43
Quagsire- Lvl 42

Gym Leaders defeated-
Roark
Gardenia
Fantina
Maylene
Wake
Byron

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Entry 6

I reached Snowpoint city and easily swept the gym with specs Infernape (on Piloswine I swapped into Quagsire to get the KO so that it baits in Abomasnow who is guaranteed to click Wood Hammer to swap back into Infernape. I did this since I didn't know if Piloswine is Think Fat or not.) Then i decided to train up my team for the upcoming Galactic battles.

The battle against Cyrus was swept by Gyarados using dragon dance and sweeping, while Saturn got destroyed by specs Infernape flamethrower. Currently, I am climbing Mt. Coronet to get to the Spear Pillar.

Pokemon in Party-
Infernape- Lvl 47
Rampardos- Lvl 47
Golduck- Lvl 47
Gyarados- Lvl 47
Scyther- Lvl 47
Quagsire- Lvl 47

Gym Leaders defeated-
Roark
Gardenia
Fantina
Maylene
Wake
Byron
Candice

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Entry 7

I enter the distortion world where I take on Cyrus, easily defeating him by putting his Houndour to sleep with Quagsire's yawn and dragon dance sweeping the rest with Gyarados. But what I thought would be the easiest battle cost me. I swept Volkner's first four Pokemon with Quagsire, but then Electivire came in and crit my Quagsire with Giga Impact, OHKOing it. That was a tough loss, but fortunately I had somewhat of a replacement in the form of Gabite from Victory Road.

Victory Road was not exactly tough but kind of annoying as always. Currently, I have reached Pokemon League and am training for the Elite Four and Champion (The Level Cap, I am keeping is 62 because of her Garchomp but I have to manage it in such a way that none of my Pokemon overlevel during any of the other battles) .

Pokemon in Party-
Infernape- Lvl 55
Rampardos- Lvl 56
Golduck- Lvl 55
Gyarados- Lvl 55
Scyther- Lvl 55
Gabite- Lvl 46

Gym Leaders defeated-
Roark
Gardenia
Fantina
Maylene
Wake
Byron
Candice
Volkner

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
The Finale

So, after grinding for a long time and re-EVing some of Pokemon, I was ready to take on the Elite 4, but before that there's Barry.

Barry was easy, just specs Ice Beam his Staraptor and Roserade with Golduck, Scyther for Heracross and the rest was handled by Garchomp.

Aaron was a complete sweep with specs Infernape's Flamethrower.

Bertha was also easy, (except I forgot her Gliscor had Thunder fang and swapped my Gyarados in) I OHKO'd her Whiscash with Golduck and swapped into Gyarados, got a Dragon dance and swept the rest of her team.

Blaine would have been a specs Golduck Surf sweep, if I had not switched into Garchomp, thinking her Rapidash had Wild Charge and got burned by Flare Blitz but swept her with Earthquake none the less.

For Will, I had planned to give my Gyarados a wacan berry and bait him Mr. Mime to use Thunderbolt, to get off just 1 dragon dance and sweep the rest with Bite and Waterfall (for Gallade), but he clicked Reflect turn 1 and then Thunderbolt forcing me switch into Garchomp on her Gallade's Stone Edge. After that it was a Garchomp sweep thanks to Gallade getting 2 hit KO'd after reflect wore off.

I screwed up in the Cynthia battle big time. Forgetting to give rare candies meant that I was at a level disadvantage. I led off with Rampardos, missed Head Smash and got hit hard by Dark Pulse from her Spiritomb. Since Rampardos is the mandatory survivor I swapped it out into Garchomp who got hit by a Shadow Ball and got a Spe def drop. The next Shadow Ball barely failed to OHKO me and I was able to 2 hit KO with Earthquake. Then her Garchomp came out, to which I had no choice but to stay in. My Garchomp got a dragon claw in before getting knocked out. I swapped into Psyduck and OHKO'd with Ice Beam, thanks to her missing Dragon Rush. But I had to let it go to her Roserade. Then I switched Infernape in who barely missed the OHKO with Flamethrower and got poisoned. She used a Full restore but I OHKO'd it with Mach Punch + Flamethrower the next 2 turns but my HP was getting low thanks to Toxic. I used U-Turn on her Milotic to get Gyarados in after which I set up 2 dragon dances and OHKO'd it with a crit (probably necessary). Her Togekiss came out next who survived a Waterfall but flinched. But I OHKO'd it with 2 more Waterfall's after her Full Restore. Lucario was OHKO'd by +2 Waterfall and that's how I became the champion of Sinnoh during the Jurassic era.

Thanks for all of you guys for staying with me in this journey. I really appreciate it. I also have recorded the whole showdown below
https://youtu.be/RHrutgbw6A0

Last edited:
Back