• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trying to find GOOD Anime universe fanfictions... I need help...

Years
  • My biggest problem with Pokemon Anime universe fanfictions is that 99.99% of them seem to be 'betrayal' fics, involve ash melodramatically turning into Red, or a 'better' rewrite of the entire Anime. I have been able to find a few that aren't like this and that I like, but not very many: (everything is on fanfiction.net)

The Ash Connection by 'I am Lu' (complete)
    This one gets a ton of characters from the entire Anime involved in a save the world scenario. And the way it's set up is actually pretty creative, and the universe in general feels mostly in-character. Ever wanted to see Trip, Paul, Gary, Brock, and Ursula in the same room for a serious story? This is the fanfiction for you. What I love about it is the variety of characters. It's not the best written story but it's good enough to get the job done, which is impressive in and of itself considering how many characters they had to manage.

Mirror Me by TheCriticalHit (ongoing)
    This is currently my number one favorite. It expands on the mirror episode of the Pokemon XY saga. That's all you need to know.

Death Curse: Version Y also by TheCriticalHit (ongoing) -
    This one is pretty dark, but what makes it stand out from the other edgy fanfictions is that they don't make it dark by turning Ash himself into a complete edgelord. Ash is in-character, and thrown into a Nuzlocke against his will. Soo, this is probably darker than any of the 'dark Ash' fanfictions in all seriousness... It's rated T, but remember, so is the Hunger Games.

Ashes Of The Past by Saphroneth (ongoing and long af)
    This is another unexpected exception, but this fanfiction qualifies because even though it makes Ash OP, it does so in a light, humorous way, almost to the extent of parody. It truly feels like the writer has real respect for the source material, which is criminally rare in Pokemon fanfiction writing. Ash saves the world (again), time travel is involved, and did I mention that it's 223 chapters long and counting?

Paul Returns to Kanto: Return of the Battle Frontier by RPG1115 (ongoing)
    This one doesn't even involve Ash, but it kinda still counts.

Another really good one that, o/c, does not really involve Ash (so far, I've only started reading it) is 'Serena's Blog' by 'Yugoslavia,' and If you can tolerate non-graphic boy-boy love then 'Favor For A Friend' by 'Ashluver505' also qualifies.

And with that, it should be pretty obvious that I'm scraping the bottom of my barrel at this point. XD...I don't have as much time to watch for good new fics as I used to. I need backup. So let's find more diamonds in the rough shall we?

Back