• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Is it possible to find badges in RAM

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 1, 2019
Hi, i'm new to this forum.
It's not really ROM Hacking but i'm making a lua script for tracking randomizers speedruns, and i've been searching for a way to find badges informations in the RAM without success.
Sorry if this was answered elsewhere but i searched for a couple day and found nothing.

Everything i found about badges was about adding scripts to the rom, and that's not what i want.
Thanks for reading me

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 16, 2020
Hi, i'm new to this forum.
It's not really ROM Hacking but i'm making a lua script for tracking randomizers speedruns, and i've been searching for a way to find badges informations in the RAM without success.
Sorry if this was answered elsewhere but i searched for a couple day and found nothing.

Everything i found about badges was about adding scripts to the rom, and that's not what i want.
Thanks for reading me

Badges are set via flags that are located in the save block data, which is dynamically allocated. The address 0x03005008 holds the pointer to this data, and the flags are stored as bits starting 0xee0 bytes from the start of that pointer (eg. [03005008] + 0xee0) in short-hand. The badges are flags 0x820-0x827, so starting at the 0x820th bit from the previous address.

Hope this helps!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 1, 2019
That's exactly what i was shearching for.

Thanks for your time ^^

Back