• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rica Matsumono vs Veronica Taylor vs Sarah Natochenny

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Well, the Japanese one has a clear advantage. Like 20+ full years of experience! And she'll literally have a job until the day she dies. We can all only be envious of such job security.

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    FIRST OF ALL

HOW DARE YOU

I'm kidding, I only say that because I love both of them, specifically because they both voice Satoshi.

I used to love Veronica's Ash, but to be honest, side by side, I prefer Rika's.

I think her Satoshi voice is sometimes deeper, and sounds cooler than Veronica's. In that way Sarah's current Ash is really closer to the original!

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I like Rica the most. Veronica did a fine Ash as well. Haven't watched much of the dubbed anime with Sarah but she sounds decent.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Considering Sarah voiced Ash during Sinnoh and Kalos(two regions arguably considered to be the best), you have to admit that between the two English VA?s that Sarah has a slight edge. Overall though, Rica is going to win hands down for longevity, consistency and the fact the Japanese dub is just better.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Isn't it Rika with a K, by the way?

Just checked, nevermind. Honestly never seen that spelling before.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've been used to hear Sarah as Ash's voice so my vote goes to her. Rika comes in a close second though.

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • I Prefer his polish Voice Actress - Hanna Kinder-kiss, everytime i hear polish Angelo i say "oh look it's Ash!"

BTW Does Ash is voiced by a man in other countries? Here in poland in session 10, Ash was voiced by Grzegorz Drojewski (the voice of TT's and TTG's Robin)

Last edited:
    Back