• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New pokemon fan game (Title yet to decide)

ZeroNyxMaxwell

Originality
Years
  • Premise: first of all, nick's Zero, name's Simone, 19 yo and pokemon lover since before the 2000. I've played ALL of them, and caught them all some times too. I've had much experience on gaming through all sorts of genres, and that gave me many ideas I could use on a videogame, but more importantly on a story. I've found this forum by accident, and I thought "hell why not", I've always wanted to tell these stories that pop up inside my mind every single day through a game, since not only it has images, but also musics and involves the "reader" more than a movie, maybe even better than a book. With that said, I'm well aware I cannot do this alone, ergo I need other people to help out if I don't want to do a mediocre job. I'm aiming for perfection, to get as much close to it as I can, because I want to tell the people my stories in the best way possible.

And now on to my idea of the game...
    The gameplay depends on the plot, ergo it's gonna have story-related functions, for instance: there are actually 2 main characters, so the player will be able to decide which one he wants to control in that precise moment, especially before a single battle or while resolving a puzzle. I've also thought that some events could be completed differently based on the player's choice to do it with a single character instead of both, making it harder, also not leveling both characters' teams equally should result in a SLIGHTLY different ending (the main plot remains untouched). I've thought that the player could select while playing which person he wants to control, while leaving the other one in one of these 2 "states": follow mode, enables double battles that use both trainers' teams and makes the other character following you step by step, or wait mode, leaving it "out of the party" rpg-speaking and making it stay still in one place waiting to be interacted with. Leaving a character in Wait Mode while entering an event should result in similar but slightly different dialogues. Finally, characters will have battles between themselves throughout the game (guess what? This is story-related too). As for gyms, they're going to be used both during the game and after the ending (obv this is story-related), and will leave gym leaders to the latter. About Pokemons, I think there could be fakemons too, but I want some already existing ones in, the plot needs some of them. But the fact is, I want to make them a little bit more RPG-like, giving them more specialized and brand new moves and abilities. This will also make it possible to add boss fights, different than Alola's totem pokemons as they will be old school ACTUAL boss fights. The places you will visit depend on your pokemons' strength, and you'll also have to beware of wild pokemon when exploring deeper than you need routes and stuff outside the cities, as their level and rarity will have an explonential increase the further you go. I'd like to remind you that everything written here is needed by the plot.

"Plot plot plort yadda yadda is it good at least"
    I do not think there are good or bad stories. Stories are stories, it's how they're told that makes them seem bad or good. And telling my story in the best possible way is what I'm trying to do, by working on it constantly, revisioning it, taking care of dialogues and imagining and adding new parts to it.
    The main plot circles around 2 protagonists, same age around 18 yo, a male (Raphael) and a female (Gabriel) (now I'm not writing a well written synopsis, but just giving you a general idea of what the story is going to be like). Raphael moves with his father to the city where Gabriel lives, and they meet some days after (motivations and situations are all going to be plot related ofc, ergo they're spoilers so I don't feel like writing them here). After that, some days pass and some things happen, and they get to know each other in the meantime. They soon find out they both want to be pokemon trainers, and after some more plot related stuff they start their journey together to become pokemon masters. But things can't just be that easy for main protagonists of a story right? So they're gonna have a lot to deal with, while also developing emotions and opinions about their discoveries, and finally becoming real partners.
    Now, the plot is not going to be this simple, things will happen and it's going to get serious, interesting and fun at the same time, like a star wars movie, it's this game's focal point after all

Sooo now, what kind of people do I need
    Apart from their roles, I need people that know that they're going to get involved with this project till the end, and won't drop off halfway. As for their jobs, we're gonna need a programmer who knows his stuff, someone who can work on the graphics based on what my drawer (aka my gf, who specialized in drawing during her 5 years of artistic high school) gives them or what I tell them (but I'll also accept suggestions and opinions), and finally another one who can work on the music, and also sound effects. As for my capabilities, I can play the piano if needed, and I'm writing the story and the dialogues
    More people will probably be needed, but for starters these are essentials. I plan on using discord for communicating, since it's easy to use and also allowes written messages like whatsapp or telegram or line if the app is installed on your phone

Since the story isn't finished, I haven't decided on a title yet.

I really hope to find these colaborators, it'll be fun I promise

(This post was written hastily to find people faster, and it's going to be constantly updated)

Back