• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Multiple Characters and battling against each other

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    I'm trying to figure out a way to first set up multiple characters within a game, be able to switch between the two, and then save the data for each trainer such that the player can battle him or herself later against the team they had training themselves.

For example, the player would go through half the game playing as the main protagonist and then something happens their character and they're forced to play as their sibling. The sibling would then go through the second half of the game and the final boss waiting for them at the end is their sibling (the first character the player used) with the team the player had been using last when playing as the protagonist.

I've tried setting it up in the script editor and also in the events but I'm having a hard time even getting the game to save the first protagonist. Also, I don't have a clue how to set up a trainer that is depending on a variable set saved in the game.

Years
  • Last edited:
    Back