• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Open World

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    So I have been aiming to create an open-world feeling to my game instead of using Gates. I had been building my tileset from public tilesets I've collected over the years. And now I have run into a problem I have maxed out my tile set at roughly 30000 pixels. I cannot make map connections work properly when using different tile sets. It looks like I will have to make a separate tile set for each town that I have. Is there a way to still make open world map connections using different tilesets or am I stuck using Gates?

Poq

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2021
    Maps can connect even if they have different tilesets. You just have to make sure that they make sense where they meet. As long as you have a few tiles in common between them (ground, paths, trees, cliffs) the connections can still be seamless, even if all the other tiles are completely different.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Maps can connect even if they have different tilesets. You just have to make sure that they make sense where they meet. As long as you have a few tiles in common between them (ground, paths, trees, cliffs) the connections can still be seamless, even if all the other tiles are completely different.

After reading your post I did a little bit more digging. I had spent all the time building my tilesets that when importing them into the game I never set passability options. All I did was import into material base but never did anything in the database portion of it. RPG Maker never recognize them until I set priority and passability now everything works just fine. My game previously was not loading the maps that have different tile sets. It would only load the maps that used the 30000 pixel main one that I had edited which was the outside tile set

Last edited:
    Reactions: Poq
    Back