• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Homestar Runner RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshiman

Also- Marrilman.
Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2012
Wow coming back here... After so long...

Game Name: Homestar Runner RPG
Made with: RPG Maker 2k, English
Introduction: You can control Homestar, Strongbad, The Cheat and Strong Sad in this epic adventure full of Clichés and many other RPG Elements!
Story: An evil witch comes from nowhere and attacks the area where Homestar and friends live. She teleports the gang over to the Planet XZ which is full of Warriors, priests and other magical beings.
Soon afterwards the gang realises they can learn magic. Homestar being the Warrior, Strong Bad being the lacky warrior, The Cheat being a magician and Strong Sad being the priest.
And of course other clichés come into play... Princess saving, love etc. etc.
Features: Mostly everything bundled with RPGM2k. I am going to place a Boombox though which is pretty much newish.
Screenshots:
Homestar Runner Finds annoying girl
Homestar mensions one of the clichés!
Freeing Strongbad and the classic line!

Just to tell you, this ain't supposed to look good. It is supposed to be funny and make fun of everything like Strong Bad.

Comments? Critisizms?

PS. If you don't know who Homestar is Click here.

theotherfreakyguy

aka Satan
Years
Woo first post!
Well the homestar sprite needs shading, and that storyline... kinda stinks. No offense. Also, lackey warrior? maybe something different, like... technochocolate assault master? Lol.

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
Years
Sweet! I used to love homestar! Cant wait to see the turn out! Maybe they will recognize the game and put it on their site ^_^

DaVince

Game Creator
Years
You GOTTA be kidding me.

It looks like fun, but the graphics style doesn't fit in with the Homestar Runner scene. I mean, those rooms look like they're from a Final Fantasy game, and those games have more of a history look than a modern day look. Fix that, and it'll look great, I think.

Good luck with the project.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
well dha!, theyre the rpgmaker RTP graphics,
hmm ive never seen this "Homestar" fella, so im kinda lost

but keep it up anyway

DaVince

Game Creator
Years
DarkDoom3000 said:
well dha!, theyre the rpgmaker RTP graphics,
hmm ive never seen this "Homestar" fella, so im kinda lost

but keep it up anyway
Well, check out the neato webcartoon on www.homestarrunner.com. I think it's great.

I'm not too good with tile graphics, but I always try to improve my pixel art, so if you ever need a bit of help on that you can PM me and I can try to make some decent tiles for you, ok? I'm better at spritesets though, you can contact me for that too. ;)

Yoshiman

Also- Marrilman.
Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2012
I am going to edit the Homestar Sprites. They are just the prototypes. its mostly just the Non Strongs and Cheat which look bad.
And if you look at the story they were transported to another world. A old world. They won't have electricity or fancy walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back