• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games you didn't really 'get into'?

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
Years
  • For me, I didn't really enjoy HeartGold/SoulSilver that much, especially post game Kanto area. Many people like the revisiting Kanto feature, but it's from that point everything go downhill for me, there's literally close to no storyline at Kanto, just challenge the remaining 8 gyms, beat champion again, and the ultimate boss Red waiting for you in Mt. Silver, that's about it. I really didn't bother too much to explore the routes in Kanto, and especially battle the route Trainers. Maybe that's why GF hesitant to cramp two or more region in one game? GF main plot storyline is still something to be improved.

Side games I really enjoy Mystery Dungeons, their storyline is actually very good. Gates to Infinity was a flop, but Super Mystery Dungeon brings back their glory again. Tried Pokemon Rangers before, but it's a rather unique situation and didn't last long enough, but I do recall their storyline aren't too bad either, I can still remember Ukulele Pichu's song though. But one thing that I want to talk about is Pokemon Conquest. I find that on the first try, the game is so fun to play, but it quickly got stale after I replay it. The story is kinda 'meh', but their gameplay is actually fun. I doubt there's gonna be a sequel to this game anymore, but it makes me wonder if we'll get anymore new side games?

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • I can't do frlg. I love RBY, but a remake is about innovation. So little was altered to strengthen the main story that these games boarder on being insulting to audiences, especially long-time fans of the original games who know this story very well and require more than a dash of color from Ruby and Sapphire to have an exciting, new experience.

The thing changed was a post game that could pass for beta content. The sevii islands don't even get real names, just numbers. The islands look the same. Unlike the original cities of Kanto from Celadon City to Lavender Town there aren't distinct enough design elements and atmosphere to distinguish them from each other. The music tracks were literally just recycled from the Johto games.

I am not a genwunner, my favorite region is Hoenn but I do really like the original RBY games. I love the dark world, the edgy music, the glitches, the o.p Pokemon and challenge of the past. I would much rather play them than this joke of a remake, there are plenty of third game versions that contributed more to its region than this game.

I am also not feeling Alola yet. There are some Pokemon out there that really intrigue me, but overall this gen probably has my least favorite Pokemon in it. You can say what you want about gen 5, nothing is harder on my eyes than these ultra beasts.

I am willing to look past some bizarre art, to me great characters and story concepts are more important. I'm having trouble though enjoying the way in which the story of SM is being told. I honestly never completed my play through so its possible that the further I get along in the story I will warm up to this world, but right now I think there is an over-reliance on cut scenes. I prefer their use for underscore of a dramatic event as we saw in gens 5 and 6 with N's castle surrounding the Pokemon league or Yyvetal/ Xerneas bursting free. In gen 7 some of the most menial tasks like walking home are overdramatized with this format. Let go of my hand and let me just explore the world for myself!

Back