• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The meaning of name nature poke'mon

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 26, 2020
I don't understand the name of the nature pokemon. Why LONE nature has att raise 10%, def raise -10%. RASH nature has sp.att rasie 10%, speed rasie -10%. Nature TIMID has raise speed 10%, att raise -10%. I understand it is very shy. The PKM has nature TIMID alway scare about a lot of thing, so he/she runaway very quick (speed point raise) and wouldn't dare to att anyone (att point don't raise). So, who can explain my question? Thanks alot

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
A lone pokemon may feel like a one-one-man army XD On a serious note, I think that lone pokemon have a high attack because of their tendency to remain alone, and defend their solitude. So if you are a Jolly Gible and want to socialize with a lone gible, the lone gible might want you to stay away from it and attack you, and since it is not with others, its teamwork is low, so naturally it is more prone to attacks. This translates to low defence.
It can be assumed that Rash pokemon might want to continuously damage their opponents, but don't rally want to evade attacks, like the alien Rath from Ben 10: Alien Force. They are focused on attacking, and will not bother trying to play smart battles, and get hit by attacks, showing how rash they are in battle.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts...Fun question, imo, I had the same doubts too :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 26, 2020
I want more and more. What about other nature?Hardy, docie, bashful, quirky, serious nature is nothing change. You has what explain-logic? Or They don't serious to give a name of pkm nature, and i (you) wasted time to explain that.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
I want more and more. What about other nature?Hardy, docie, bashful, quirky, serious nature is nothing change. You has what explain-logic? Or They don't serious to give a name of pkm nature, and i (you) wasted time to explain that.

It was not time waste. It was fun. I will think about it... it is an interesting topic!

Back